Fly Fusion Forums

The Big Storm

So, wow.... we pretty much missed it on tuesday down in cardston. I was BBQ'ing on the deck (covered deck lol) with a pretty good storm passing over, but NOTHING like you guys got it up there. I hope everyone's safe....

I assume the Bow is totally a write of for today eh? Was going to try and fish it while I'm up there this afternoon.

Bow's a complete flood/run-off mode. There was so much water rushing to the storm drains from a hill that storm drain plates where actually shooting water in the air 1-2 feet high. Point being that the bow had HUGE amounts of street water rushing into it, so it may recover in a few days to a week providing no more monsoons.

Toolman got a white, Max got one small rainbow and lost another, and I landed one approx 20 inch rainbow for our 3 hour effort... not bad considering the vis was less than 4 inches... and the river being up the way it is... 350+ cms...

:lol: Also, I showed Hawgstoppah a secret little hole, not much bigger than a hot tub, with a 28" Brown swirling around in only 18" of water....but sadly, he could not fool him. What ya gonna do? I tried to be a good host, show the fellas all the good spots...What do I have to do next, put the hook in the Broonies mouth as well? :lol:

That old Broonies gettin' smarter everytime I visit him...he's beating the best now.

From now on, I think I'm going to call that Ole Broon... "HAWSTOPPAH"

Ha!!! I knew about that spot for years there buddy... LOL ... just hadn't visited it for a long time. I chased a 30+ brown there for a few years back in about 1998 - 2000. It may have been the 32" broonie I got on the night of Apr 26, 1999... that I'll never forget ... and sadly... never got to take a picture of (it was about2am... I was in midstream fishing back to shore, fought him for a good 30 minutes, got him into my hands, tailed him, tried to haul him back to bag / camera... couldn't hang on when he started thrashing, he didn't like it and taught me a very , very valuable lesson... always have your drag on your reel JUST tight enough to prevent it from backlashing, causing lost fish :angry: )

Ha!!! I knew about that spot for years there buddy... LOL ... just hadn't visited it for a long time.

This is true...BUT... I knew that big Broonie would be in that exact spot at precisely 9:42pm last night...

and... If I had cast to him, we would likely be looking at his picture this morning...LOL!

But, as usual, you still got the fish of the day with the beauty Rainbow.

This is true...BUT... I knew that big Broonie would be in that exact spot at precisely 9:42pm last night...

and... If I had cast to him, we would likely be looking at his picture this morning...LOL!

Haha this is what makes a good chuckle every time I fish with ya dude... LOL ;)