Fly Fusion Forums

Donations Anyone?

Hi Everyone:

Further to my last post, I would gladly accept any donations of used flyfishing equipment, namely rods, reels, lines, waders and boots (especially smaller/ladies/kids sizes) etc. This equipment would go a long way in assisting me to teach the kids in the flyfishing club.

Now that is a lot to ask, so I could pay for these items if you're willing to give a kid-friendly discount. I am trying to get some fund-raising going, including setting something up formally on a non-profit entity type of organization.

Thanks with deep gratitude in advance,

Smitty

That's great everyone. I appreciate it.

For most of you in Calgary, you don't have to bear the shipping costs; I'm in Calgary often enough to come and pick stuff up. Or, if Rickr is coming to Edmonchuk later this month, we may arrange for stuff to be dropped off at his house.

Mike

• 8 months later...

I am reviving this thread, only in the spirit of strike while the iron is hot.

I never did make it to Cowtown in a timely manner, nor did I follow up in terms of getting stuff/donations here.

However!

I am coming down this weekend from Edmonton to the FF Expo. So, it would be convenient for me - and any FFC members - to meet.

That's assuming anyone is still interested.

The query was if someone will donate any old or hardly-ever-use-it-anymore flyfishing equipment. I am looking for the following

1. Rod and reel combos suitable for kids from grades 6 to 9. Like 4 to 7 weight, mostly 5's and 6's.

2. Old flyfishing vests, same sizes as above.

3. Any form of wading equipment, hip waders, rubber boots, nylon, neoprene, etc.

4. Fly tying equipment; primarily vises and tools.

A huge thank-you in advance! :D

By all means, if you wish to stay anon, go ahead and pm me please!

Thanks again! ;)

Mike

I'll bump once if that's ok.

Coming down tonight for the Expo, and staying tomorrow, leaving Sunday morning

Would be grateful for any help or donations, when I start the club up again in the spring at school. :)

May not have a chance to check pm's, so I am leaving my phone number, in case you want to 'hook' up, lol.

Thanks!

Mike Smith, aka "Smitty"

780-970-7886

text or call.