Fly Fusion Forums

Reporting Poachers! Important Notice!

The other night when i reported a poacher I was not in fish creek park and i was contacted by the conservation officer from the park because the RAP guys mistakenly thought i was in fish creek. Here is the interesting part...... What happens is when you call RAP their office is in the north they do not cover the provincial parks only the officers assigned to the park cover the parks. SO if you report something in the park they call the park officers and they go... if you are out side the park the call goes to the guys up north who usually can't make it down to the south.... what i learned last night is the park CO's have no problem taking a call outside of the park to help out if they are not tied up So he told me to call a number 403 297 5293 this is the park office line. He said if you call during business hrs they will get the report right away if you call outside business hrs. LEAVE A MSG! they check it every 1/2hr. By the way they came FAST! no bust the poachers had left but they are there all the time so these poachers are going down this year for sure. It's close to my house so I'm going to swing by a bunch this week to try and bust them. I told the CO this and he gave me his cell.... let "poacher sting 2011 begin" mmmwwwhahaha!!!!!