Fly Fusion Forums

Best Spey Rod 2011

speyghillie

Hi Guys,

Once again Scott Mackenzie and the DTX Pro Staff Team have produced another Award winning Range of rods.

The new Shooting Head range of rods have just been voted BEST in TEST of all the Spey rods tested in the April edition of the UK's biggest selling magazine Trout and Salmon.

The Test was carried out by Jim Curry AAPGAI Master Instructor and Gary Champion AAPGAI Master Instructor and FFF Master Casting Instructor.

Rods tested included rods from Hardy's, Orvis, Loop, Guidline, Loomis and C.F Burkheimer and many others.

Jim's comments on the New DTX Shooting Head rod ( i consistantly threw my best loops of the day using the DTX SH which was a joy to use, the tip recovers incredibly quickly creating very fast line speed.)

Gary's comments (ONE HELL OF A ROD, it creates amazing loops and my favorite rod on test.)

The Traditional and Shooting head range of DTX rods are available in sizes from 12ft to 16ft.

www.mackenzieflyfishing .com

Scott has created the DTX Brand, and now has an incredible DTX Pro Staff Team in the UK which includes some of the most qualified Speycasting Instructors in the World, including the most qualified Instructor in the World, and 14 top Ghillie's on Famous Scottish Rivers.

http://www.mackenzieflyfishing.com/pro-team/

We also have a great bunch of Instructors and Guides in Russia, Norway and Canada which includes FFF board Examiners, Steelhead guides, Steelhead Lodge Owners and Casting Instructors as Part

I would like to thank all the guys in Canada for thier support and especially Peter Charles for giving the DTX SH a good testing over the winter Steelheading in Ontario, and Matt Eugene for catching some big springs and crackin Steelhead on the Dean, Bulkley and Kispiox River.......... and sending me the Pictures........ not jealous at all.

There will also be a new range of DTX Shooting head lines that Scott , Andrew Toft and the Guides from Norway, Russia and Canada have been working on over the Winter months, i will post the detail shortly.

The range of rods will be available in some selected store shorty and we will this year at to our Steelhead Pro Staff Team.

If you would like anymore detail please contact me.

Gordon Macleod

DTX Pro Staff

North America.

post-335-1303771780.jpg

Hey Mr C.

Yes thats the one, i see you been fishing my little buddies rod, or is that her fish ? hope all is well on da Island and tell Mrs C i was asking for her,................................ and give her... her rod back, get your own. :rolleyes:

Gordo.

DTX Pro something.

• 1 month later...