Fly Fusion Forums

For The Elliott Gang

H2O

Anyway, if your right that means it's Steve who is full of crap :lol:

GAW is my apprentice. This fish was bigger then any fish I ever caught. Believe me, if I could have "talked it down", I would have.

On second thought, maybe it wasn't 12lb's. More like 10. Maybe even 6.

Are you reading this, GAW??

Guest bigbadbrent
Man. We would of loved to get a photo (next time, ;) ) but since only its head would fit in my net (I had it by the tail) and since I was the one with the camera, I tried to give the tail to GAW and splish-splash, it was gone.

Just having fun here: From my elbow to my outstretched fingers, its 19ins. I'm assuming GOK's is about the same. Going by that, it looks like that fish could easily be 26in's.

Interesting note: If you hold your arms out to the sides with fingers stretched, that is how tall you are. I'm 6'. That may not correlate to elbow-to-fingertip length, but its probably not that far off.

That's how i measured my biggest fish of this year since i didnt want to stress it too much. He was from my shoulder to my finger tips, 27" baby (measured it with a tape when i got back in the car)...good way to give your self a rough estimate..or just carry a small retractable tape