Fly Fusion Forums

Anyone Here Dealing With Sciatica

Lynn, i'll definitely try that.

Kipper, thanks for the reminder. My chiro gave me hell about it too, keep forgetting about the 1 1/2" wedge in my ass pocket. Long drives are killer when I forget to take it out, immediate relief when I do.

Most of this is my own fault anyhow, need to get the body into better shape.

I haven't carried my wallet in my back pocket for almost 15 years now. Ever since my buddies dad, who had major back problems from being a plumber, told him not to do it and he, in turn, told me.

Good luck with this!

Hopefully it means longer floats down the Elk now.

Hey Tim

The good side to that day was we had beers at 9 am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus, tylenol for me. Anything to make it through the day of fishing. I recall we did not complain about the fishing!!! We will have a few days lined up in August as we missed last year.

Not expecting miracles today but am feeling a bit better today than yesterday. Not a pill poper but thank God forr the Percacet............. I know it will take time but after 4 years I think I can claim to be the patient type.

Feel youre pain, I had 2 herniatted discs and to top it off spinal stenossis of the spine, did everything, physio, chiro,i found a really good chiropractor who I see a couple times a week, also if you are over wieght its important to strenghten youre core, movement is the key to a bad back etc, try to stay active, lots of streching, try yoga, find a strtech that wont hurt you but will help with the pain, try to stay off the meds as much as you can, hot tub, steambath, lots of walking, good shoes, posture, how you sit if you do a lot it.

Hi

One week later and results are slow but to be expected. All my research states the nerve will take a long time to repair itself considering I had this for 4 years.

Walking everyday and not returning to work til April 11. No meds now for 4 days and plan to keep it like that. Still sciatica and backpain but again, I see this as normal.

Fingers are crossed..................can't cross toes at this time!!!!!

Hi

One week later and results are slow but to be expected. All my research states the nerve will take a long time to repair itself considering I had this for 4 years.

Walking everyday and not returning to work til April 11. No meds now for 4 days and plan to keep it like that. Still sciatica and backpain but again, I see this as normal.

Fingers are crossed..................can't cross toes at this time!!!!!

Keep us updated, hope it all goes well. I'll cross my toes for ya

Glad to hear things are going well. I am waiting to talk to a surgeon about having my back fixed. I Have been off of work for 4 months now and the boss says I can't come back until it is fixed and back to normal. So I have been going to physio, chiro, and hitting the yoga and core strength stuff on wii fit to try and help out until I talk to a surgeon.