Fly Fusion Forums

Looks Like The Streamwatch Auction Is Gearing Up

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck everyone with the last couple of hours of the auction. I have to go out with the wife, so will not see any of the bids. Please bid via this thread, not PM. Nobody can see the PM, and I will not be in a position to check.

Also, there are a few items that are ridiculously low. Uber's trip, the Red Deer trip, taco's trip, the lobster, and Clive's book come immediately to mind.

And Lynn, that is AWESOME.

I just started the second round of auctions. I think I have had a donation or two via PM that I cannot seem to find. I have had to clean my inbox pretty regularly, and tried to make sure I did not delete any of the donation PMs, but it seems I must have deleted them.

If you have donated and don't see it in the auctions, please email to remind me.

Also, I am still taking donations. There will almost certainly be a round 3.

Lined up several more items today, so I have enough to start a new round when this one ends. I am extremely gratified of the number of people who are donating items this year. Many people who have donated the before have done so again, and some notable new people kindly donating their time or talents as well. I am very curious how the backpack trip goes, and there is another backpack trip in the queue. My bet is if they are offered up again next year, the pictures generated on these trips will make them more and more popular.

Anyway, there are still lots of people on here that have not bid, which is fine. I certainly don't expect participation from everyone. But I would like to say that the trips being donated by members are an excellent chance for new or old fly fishers to meet new people, hopefully fish new water, learn new techniques, and get to donate to a great cause. I have been fortunate to be able to meet people on trips I've donated, and on trips I've bought. I can honestly say that every person I've met on these trips I have fished with on additional trips. And I am privileged to call most of them friends (all except Taco cuz he catches too many fish and his truck stinks like cow).

So there is my latest public service announcement. Please get out there and bid!

Oh, and did I mention there is a freakin' TFO Spey Rod for sale? For like $40? (sorry troutlover, but I gotta get the price of that one up!!)

Closing notices for Monday at 8 PM put up on many of the items. There are still lots of great deals, including a TFO spey rod valued at $400 currently at $150. And is no one on the board from Edmonton any more? Take it from someone who lives in a neighborhood with a lake, catching big neighborhood rainbows is FUN!

Just posted another trip, this time with DrBullTrout (Andrew) on the Castle drainage. Andrew has a habit of catching pretty damn big Bulls. And really, any excuse to get on one of the Castle or any of it's tribs is not to be missed!

Just added another trip, this time from The Humblefisherman. Jay is offering a trip of the winner's choice. Float the bow, bushwhack or whatever the winner wants.

I will pay the winner extra to bring my GPS along.

Thanks Jay!