Fly Fusion Forums

Just Watched "eastern Rises"

acurrie

My buddy tours the best films around North America for the BMFF and oddly enough it's one of the few films that has generated some hate mail (letters of complaint) through the Banff Centre!! The ironic thing is it won the "Best Film on Mountain Sports" Award in 2010!

P

We saw it on the finals night of the Banff Mountain Film fest and it totally made our night. Good fish, good laughs, a great flick!

" oddly enough it's one of the few films that has generated some hate mail (letters of complaint) through the Banff Centre!!"

Those comments were probably from fishermen in Alaska complaining about how he compares the fish in Kamchatka to there. That said, I thought the film was great, I prefer when a film gives you some laughs.

Those comments were probably from fishermen in Alaska complaining about how he compares the fish in Kamchatka to there. That said, I thought the film was great, I prefer when a film gives you some laughs.

You must always remember, fly fishing is a serious business conducted by serious people. Any film should be of a serious nature about serious subjects treated in a serious manner. Frivolity or Tom Foolery is seriously frowned upon and will be treated as a serious infraction of serious sensibilities. Serious letters and emails lamenting any frivolous treatment of serious subject will be sent.

No it was from outdoor enthusiasts that didn't like the fishing/outdoor (mountain) recreation comparison with an underlying cruelty to animals message...

Why would Alaskan fishermen complain about a comparison to fish in Russia?

My buddy tours the best films around North America for the BMFF and oddly enough it's one of the few films that has generated some hate mail (letters of complaint) through the Banff Centre!! The ironic thing is it won the "Best Film on Mountain Sports" Award in 2010!

P

What kind of comments are they getting about it?

"No it was from outdoor enthusiasts that didn't like the fishing/outdoor (mountain) recreation comparison with an underlying cruelty to animals message..."

What kind of comments are they getting about it?

"No it was from outdoor enthusiasts that didn't like the fishing/outdoor (mountain) recreation comparison with an underlying cruelty to animals message..."

You are being polite by calling them outdoor enthusiasts. Most that get caught up in protesting stuff like this are the lazy hippy pothead crowd that look the part, but most have never done much in the outdoors. That is unless you consider 3 guys living out of a 1989 Toyota Corrola at the local rest area and heating soup on the manifold camping..