Fly Fusion Forums

A Story Where There Is None

Wow

How about all those birds falling from the sky? Isn't it amazing how the media tries to drum up some reaction? OK, I think we can come up with some pretty good reasons/excuses/rants.

I'll go on record to say that I think I caused it. I found a way to bend a laser beam to follow the earth's circumference. I was pointing it south-east, trying to take out my neighbor's cat and I missed. Unless someone else can come up with a more logical explanation, I'll take credit for it.

I found it amusing how they said that they thought it might be lightning or high altitude hail "because the birds had signs of trauma".

I'm no expert.. but I figure falling from hundreds of feet in the sky and hitting the ground can probably cause some trauma too...

Firefrog:

I just noticed you sig:

"David Byrne once said 'There is water at the bottom of the ocean'. And he was absolutely right!"

Couldn't help myself, but had to look up "Once in a Lifetime" on YouTube. Forgot how much I loved the Talking Heads back in the day. Ridiculous video.

Sorry for the total hijack.

I think the birds just got tired from killing all the fish.

Google is mapping it:

Google Animal Deaths

In Texas, every couple of years there would be a big fish kill in the middle of the summer when water in low flow areas would go hypoxic. Looked awful, but it was totally natural. I have no idea what is going on with the fish and birds, but it certainly could just be a case of media attention being paid to every natural event, and the sum makes everything look ominous. At least I hope it is natural.

Same as it ever was.

It's pretty obvious that this is the first sign of the impending apocalypse. Next we get a rain of frogs, then the rivers turn to blood, and I forget what comes after that. Oh yeah I got it backwards, there's a swarm of grasshoppers and the fish in the river eat so many it turns to blood. Then in 2012 the world ends. So make sure to hit the Bow when the hoppers are out.

Wow

How about all those birds falling from the sky? Isn't it amazing how the media tries to drum up some reaction? OK, I think we can come up with some pretty good reasons/excuses/rants.

I'll go on record to say that I think I caused it. I found a way to bend a laser beam to follow the earth's circumference. I was pointing it south-east, trying to take out my neighbor's cat and I missed. Unless someone else can come up with a more logical explanation, I'll take credit for it.

I'm not sure I understand your take on the event; are you saying it is not worth investigating, or are you just annoyed at the media response?

I'm not sure I understand your take on the event; are you saying it is not worth investigating, or are you just annoyed at the media response?

Well, I read stories ranging from poisoning, to exaggerated numbers, to alien interference, to the coming apocalypse. Others have said it's not unusual at all.

Investigations will likely show something. If the media drums up reaction immediately after an event, it sells. If they run the stories after the investigations, and there are genuine concerns, they have accomplished something worthy. If they run the story after the investigations show logical and mundane explanations, they're wasting everybody's time. I'm amused with the way the media responds, that's all.

Cheers