Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing Regs Question

Jayhad

I couldn't find this on our regs, but realistically I didn't search to hard and it is probably provincially specific but maybe someone has an answer.

If you are fishing a lake with a river out flow on one end, at what point does the lake become classed as the river? is it 500 m downstream?

I think it is water body specific. In some cases they have bouys or signs marking the division ie on the east end of Slave Lake, and in some cases it is a certain distance, kind of like where the Highwood flows into the Bow and the Bow regs are in effect for a certain distance upstream on the Highwood from the mouth.

Wow I really thought that a bunch of the new guys would impart thier rad wisdom on this one... let's try one that is a little easier.

You are fishing a river above a closed section, you hook a big fish, steelhead for arguement sake. The fish runs you downstream to the closed section. What do you do? On top of that you don't want to break this fish off as you are in the bush and that is your last indicator and bead. <--poke--<

Wow I really thought that a bunch of the new guys would impart thier rad wisdom on this one... let's try one that is a little easier.

You are fishing a river above a closed section, you hook a big fish, steelhead for arguement sake. The fish runs you downstream to the closed section. What do you do? On top of that you don't want to break this fish off as you are in the bush and that is your last indicator and bead. <--poke--<

That's easy... secure fly rod to a bush on the bank. Run along the bank past the area where your steel head lies. Run into river like a mad Samsquatch chasing your steelhead back into open waters, retrieve rod and reel in.

It works for me ... honest

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! thats the funniest *hit i have seen on the forum in a while! I agree, the S.HEAD wont break the 40lbs line and probably wont pop the barbed circle hook out of his gill plate.

Its either that or keep running him down untill you reach the next set of open water

Who cares where it runs, either way its getting bonked!