Fly Fusion Forums

Bull Trout Media

Jayhad

Amazing photos, the best I've seen of bull trout. Who would ever have thought that the bull trout population would benefit the way it has from the building of a dam! I wonder though, if at some time down the road the abundant bull trout population using the Wigwam and its tribs is going to have a negative impact on the cutthroat population. So far the two species seem to be getting along OK.

I know they have co-evolved in those streams Highlander. Its just that the bull trout population to my understanding has by all appearances spiked up exponentially since the impoundment was created down stream. Hope you are right and everything continues to stay in balance.

if at some time down the road the abundant bull trout population--is going to have a negative impact on the cutthroat population.

reminds me of my dad's mentality in the '80's about every trout stream out there...lol...had to double take on what you said there...