Fly Fusion Forums

Unbelievable

I don't like fear-mongering or exaggerating about current topics, but this has finally put me over the edge. I'm a dual-citizen and people always wonder why I refuse to ever go live back in the states - and then I see this. But NOT on the american news outlets - I saw it on democracy now and then saw an article on the UK Guardian website - hardly anything from any american source. After seeing this I paused - how the hell did the US come to this? This is barbaric, disgusting and as bad as any proclaimed enemy of their nation. And to top it off, hes likely to WIN a spot in the government in D.C. Its bleeping (I wish I could use a stronger word) mind-blowing. People also ask me what's so different between Canada and the States that makes you despise one and love the other? Because in Canada, this WOULD NEVER happen. If it ever does, I will leave this country as well....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oct/2...raqis-tea-party

And to top it all off, I see this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfRy0c7PEt4 - again, something I hope never could happen in Canada. America is on the edge of tipping, its not something I can defend but its something I feel, as well as my family members who still live there feel. I wish Jon Stewarts Rally to Restore Sanity could actually do something about it - but sadly, I don't think there's any turning back at this point.....

Sick. Just the other day I remember walking to an elementary school to vote at the gym at the back of the building, to pick a new mayor and trustees, alderman,etc. As I walked around the side of the school, I seen a group of say 20 kids all having fun and playing on the swings sets,etc, with their teacher nearby and watching them. All the kids were having a great time. As I walked past them, I realized how lucky I was to live in a country that is democratic and has a good quality of life. I was thankful that in this country, we are all eligible to vote as Canadian citiizens, and freedom of speech is a right. In other countries, this is not so true. There's countries that are leftwing, and whether you vote or not, they are so dirty that often votes are lost or not even collected.

You can have the states with all of it's dirty politicians, but I am thankful and blessed we live in such a great ountry as Canada. Why go anywhere else. It is beautiful from one end to the other, and we don't even need to go through any border guards or whatsoever. Cheers

the polarization that is occuring within the american political scene [and the media] between sanity/reason/debate and the parroting of bizarre talking points and histrionics displayed of late is reflective of the outward face that the rest of the global community is seeing and is playing right into the hands of the extremeists on the other side.

america the wise, the great defender of the free world is becoming america the stupid dullard thug with a lynch mob mentality.

i pray that sanity prevails for their and everyone else's sake, cuz they have nukes.

but if you are a semi-famous actor you can always come to canada and claim refugee status from the u.s. claiming your life is being threatened by fox news or some other fictional shadow groups...