Fly Fusion Forums

Bam!!! Fish On...a Big Bull

Flyfishen

All this rain was driving me nuts, and I had to get out and try out my rod since I repaired it.

I decided to hit the river with streamers and see what was up. The water was dirty and high, and the rod was casting even better with the fix and held up well to the heavy streamer fishing. Then all of a sudden BAM!!! fish on...a big Bull...I thought to myself, okay lets see if the tip will stay together with this big brute.

This Bull Trout took me in the fast stuff, under a log and back to the spot where I hooked it before it bolted into more fast stuff. Then I cranked on the drag to give him some pressure and the rod still stayed together.

It barely fit in my net (Note to self, time to bring out the long Handle Net for these Bully's), but I finally got him in and snapped a quick photo before giving it a good drink and letting it go.

Sept18107.jpg

Man I love this time of year!!!

Oh it's you again with these fishing reports and pics driving me nuts....Well I'm in Calgary now waiting for Rob and Klaas to arrive so we can pick up the RV and go FISHINNNNNNNNNNNNN. Very nice bull by the way ;-)

LOL, Yup, its me again. Welcome to Calgary Noud. Sorry for driving you nuts with the pics. You should be okay for a bit as I will be working and unable to post anymore big Fish. There will be more though, so be prepared. <--poke--<

You should be Fishennnnn before they come so you can get familiar with all the Big ones yourself. The Bow river in Calgary is an excellent place to kill a couple of hours.

You guys have fun while your here!