Fly Fusion Forums

Orvis - Customer Service

I know there has been some talk previously on here regarding Orvis' Customer Service... Here's my recent experience...

So I ordered a new spindle for my Battenkill LA (original part metal, replacement part plastic - original part in photo). Anyway, the original invoice was for over $25 (for a $3 piece - due to the CDN premium, to which I wasn't going to pay and was going to have the item sent to a friend in the States, nonetheless, I wasn't charged - which is good!)... Here's the "interesting" thing, check out the photos... Could they not have sent the part in an envelope?! Not too environmentally friendly, if you ask me?!

P

dscf0003in.jpg

dscf0004rv.jpg

Darren, that may be true, but I have received (trackable) UPS packages from the States in padded envelopes before... I just thought it was a little (a lot) "overkill" and totally unecessary, that's all!

P

probably had something to do with the tracking and the minimum size of the package to be tracked.

Unlike some of the other people, I totally see the humour in, and the ridiculous nature of, the fact that the part was in such a large box. Furthermore, I understand that you weren't using the box as a slight against Orvis, but merely as an amusing observation.

And we all know how "trendy" things get in fly fishing!!

P

Yup, pretty soon everyone will be extolling the virtues of the newest Loop box or GLoomis's re-design of the 'box' (which they will quickly have to recall due to the flaps not being the right size). I'm already outfitting my shop to build 'custom' boxes, where will it end.

Don't forget all the controversy b/c the boxes are now manufactured off shore in sweat shops some where in Asia!! :P

Yup, pretty soon everyone will be extolling the virtues of the newest Loop box or GLoomis's re-design of the 'box' (which they will quickly have to recall due to the flaps not being the right size). I'm already outfitting my shop to build 'custom' boxes, where will it end.