Fly Fusion Forums

August Long In Saskatchewan

bjbailey

I spent the long weekend in Saskatchewan and after being defeated by pike on the flies we traded in our fly rods for conventional tackle and looked for some walleye. The regs are so different there than in Alberta! Limit of 5 walleye per day with no size limits or slot size? We enjoyed several good meals of fish over the weekend and I managed to land this one; not something that I see very often in Alberta. This fish measured out at 30.5" and 9.7lbs although I think it was surprisingly skinny. We released this one after a few quick pics.

Brandon

post-3068-1281024682.jpg

post-3068-1281024690.jpg

Nice fish! Won't find any of that size around these parts!

P

P.S Careful around those gills (the way it looks like you are holding it with your right hand - I realize 'eyes are difficult to hold at the best of times!)! ;)

Moderators, please remove the pics in the original post. Thanks.

This is, after all, FLY FISH Calgary, not SPIN FISH Calgary.

Those of us who are elitist, holier-than-thou fly fishermen are appalled at the thought of "conventional tackle"! Shame on you for going to the dark side!

Okay, I'm just jealous...

Beautiful walter, dude!

Haha. Thanks for reminding me!

Trust me, I was as disappointed as you are now when my visions of pike fishing on the fly failed to come to fruition. I think most of the fish had headed to deeper water by this late in the summer and the available fly fishing on the lake was limited! Thought I'd share the fish anyways despite the lowly techniques.