Fly Fusion Forums

A Request

Hi,

I know we all love fishing the Bow and are in a rush to get out fishing and enjoy our time. I finally got to Policeman's for the first time in a while here last weekend. If I had known that the parking lot was going to be as full of garbage as it is, I would have gone to the store and bought a pair of gloves and a box of Glad heavy duty garden bags before hand. Honestly, I was shocked that there is that much garbage there, that the garbage can was over flowing the way it was, that the back area was so full of garbage as well. It's such a nice area and it's a shame it's not getting the attention it deserves. Having said that, I won't be there to do it for a while. Could someone take 2 - 3 hours of your time to clean up that parking lot? Thanks.

Its been like that all year,most Sat nights a bunch of kids meet there to have a bon fire in the parking lot.I'm not saying the kids make the mess but I'm sure they contribute to the stuff laying around.

Before the cans showed up i don't think there was that much garbage.Maybe the lot is better off not having cans at all and people are forced to take it with them.

I don't go to Mac that much are there cans there?If so are they also overflowing?

Its been like that all year,most Sat nights a bunch of kids meet there to have a bon fire in the parking lot.I'm not saying the kids make the mess but I'm sure they contribute to the stuff laying around.

Before the cans showed up i don't think there was that much garbage.Maybe the lot is better off not having cans at all and people are forced to take it with them.

I don't go to Mac that much are there cans there?If so are they also overflowing?

McKinnon is not as bad tho lots of beer cans. Ever since they paved the road it seems to attract more people from neighboring communities. Watch where you drive on the gravel bar stay away from the fire pits as the pin heads have been burning pallets , which mean nails and large staples. Seems to be a few flat tires hanging around the parking lot. Just not a fun way to end your day or start your next morning.

Guest Jeremie

Seen all that stuff the past two times i've been out there, not to mention an old "adult" movie case and scratched up disk... didnt bother to touch it...

Policemans is such a a gong show anymore that going there isnt even an option at this point. However I was down at Mckinnon the other day and what I found was not a ton of garbage bags, cans etc. but lots of old line, leaders, tippet etc. laying in the parking lot. My shoe got wrapped around a couple of differant rigs while I walked around drinking coffee and taking pictures. Im sure its from guys pulling in, tying up in the parking lot and just clipping there old stuff off and leaving it were it lies. My wife is always asking me why the back of our new truck is full of pieces of fishing line lol!