Fly Fusion Forums

Police Outpost

I am wondering how it's been at Police Lake the last while...haven't seen any posts at all? I am also wondering how the road down that way is as far as any flooding goes? The water level should be good after all the moisture this year and the fishing should be good as well.

I fished there all last week, i caugt 196 fish in 3 1/2 days fishing 12 over 20 50% 12/ 16 " the rest all small, no one else seemnd to be catching very many, i must have had the right fly.

I took the road to Police heading down towards Carway rather than the dirt road, this road is paved all though lots of pot holes

We fished there last Saturday.

Caught a bunch of little guys 8"-10" a couple in 14" range and lost a couple a bit bigger.

Most were caught on Buggers and Micro leaches. Color didn't seem to matter.

The water 's warm and getting pretty weedy.

BK

I was there on the weekend It fished great like fegus said. Got all mine on chironomids lots of tiddlers a few at 12/14 was lots of fun. I'm going again this coming weekend. If the creeks down there still haven't cleared.

I may get there about the 22nd ..hoping to anyway. Chironomids eh? ...any particular colour? I have had a lot of luck over the years fishing nymphs on a dry line from shore and also like using a black wooly bugger this time of year at dusk till dark...of course I never even used chironomid patterns until quite recently when" someone" introduced this method to me at Bullshead a few years ago..until that time I read about it but had never tried it..thank yah for that Jared! p.m. me sometime..I plan on going to the Crow soon too...by the way what is a tiddler?

I fished there Thursday of last week. A great day as far as weather is concerned -- sunny & no wind. Caught most of our fish on chironomids -- black & silver, size 14. We were fishing fairly deep -- 8' to 10'. Most fish were in the 12" to 16" range, but we did land one at around 18" and got snapped off by a few that we didn't get to see. The fish are looking really healthy and fat.

The road from Hwy 5 is in good shape.

On the enforcement side, or lack thereof, there were a lot of mini-marshmallows on the water around the island. Obviously some folks haven't read the bit about no bait allowed.

I fished there Thursday of last week. A great day as far as weather is concerned -- sunny & no wind. Caught most of our fish on chironomids -- black & silver, size 14. We were fishing fairly deep -- 8' to 10'. Most fish were in the 12" to 16" range, but we did land one at around 18" and got snapped off by a few that we didn't get to see. The fish are looking really healthy and fat.

The road from Hwy 5 is in good shape.

On the enforcement side, or lack thereof, there were a lot of mini-marshmallows on the water around the island. Obviously some folks haven't read the bit about no bait allowed.

when I was there I saw several fishing from the island using the green marsmellows and keeping the fish that they caught which were not over 50 cm, i told them they couldnt do either and I was told to go forth and mulitply it much sharper words. The game warden did come through the campsite each night around 7:00 pm I tried to flag him down but to no avail

Why is it people can't obey regulations? If they are not they are quite simply STEALING from me and you... of our resource. It's no different than going into the store and stealing... and they do it in broad daylight in front of everyone, while telling them to ______ themselves...

Idiots....

as usual the lack of enforcement in alberta shines through as a complete non-detterent for law-breakers.

DO NOT VOTE PC next election!!!!!

I wouldnt be to hard on the fish cops they due the best they can with the resources they have

It's not the officers fault. There's only ONE guy who patrols the entire castle, waterton, belly, st mary's drainages... ALL of it.. PLUS lakes!!!!!

The one I am being hard on is our crapheaded government and the inability to manage the resources they have. :$*%&: