Fly Fusion Forums

Tfo Nxt Rod

Its says its a 5/6 wt. Can I use this for dry and nymphing? Sorry for the newb questions but do I need to reels with different lines to achieve this or is it all in the leader/tippet? or maybe splits shots.

Basically I am asking what I have to do to nymph and dry on the same rod on the same day.

yep buy a GOOD (rio, SA, AirFLo) 6wt floating line for that rod and you can nymph and dry with the same rod and line. Most guys with several rods and lines have been fishing for a few years as you get more experience you will find a need for several rods lines and reels but while your learning one rod one line and you will be able to do anything.

As well as the above advice, If u are fishin the Bow, I would use a 3x tapered leader as well. This way you can easily change from nymphin to dries. I find that tapered leaders turn over better than straight mono. Bring some 4x mono tippet as well for the smaller stuff. Good luck!