Fly Fusion Forums

See You In August

I'm psyched. We're returning to Canada for our fishing vacation after two years of straying into Idaho and Montana. I liked Idaho better of the two, but have fond memories of the 5 or 6 prior adventures to BC and AB.

Our first 5 days will be in the Fernie area, and then we're staying by the Castle and it's branches for the remainder of the time. Some Wisconsin friends who have never seen your beautiful country are traveling with us. We're driving up from Minnesota.

It's been a long time since I've even lurked here, but I try to keep up to date on Lynn, Darren and sometimes even Tiana and that Bull Trout master on fb.

I'll be tying Double Bunnies and heavy black stonefly nymphs for the bullies. I remember doing well with Lime Trudes and curiously small Coachman Stimulators with the cuttys. Also looking forward to tossing obscenely large hoppers, but we hate tying those.

Any comments you'd like to offer as we prepare for our trip? Good microbrews available? Good values in dining out? Flies you can't live without?

No indeed. We've enjoyed a barley pop or two there in the Pass't.

Still driving that magenta truck and chasing the steelhead?

You wont be too terribly far from coleman for an evening forray into the "Rum Runner".. which has IMHO the pass's best food and best atmosphere.

Still driving that magenta truck and chasing the steelhead?

No... I am actually back in school for law enforcement.. done with truckin.. I am guiding for a summer job this year :)

Another place I am thinking of to eat and it's only open one day a week down by beaver mines... they serve amazing steak but I forget what it's called... anyone help me out on that?