Fly Fusion Forums

G Loomis Rod Warranty?

I am just wondering if anyone knows what kind of warranty Loomis has on their rods? I went to pull my waders and rod out of the back seat of the truck tonight and found the top piece of my rod snapped in half. I am not sure how this happened since it was in the case in the back seat of my little mazda b4000. No one sits back there and the only thing that gets put back there is the fly gear. Anyways I am just wondering if it will be covered under warranty or if I should try to find someone who builds rods to try and fix it for me? I am pretty bummed out about it since it was given to me by my grandpa less then a month before he passed away. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Nate

Well they do have a full warranty service which would cover it. I'm thinking you may want to have someone fix it (if possible) simply for the fact that through the warranty service they would most likely just send you a new rod which is normally good, but I'm guessing you would want to keep the original rod for sentimental purposes.

I broke my tip in Sept last year and brought it to a local flyshop for replacement. It's a Streamdance GLX HLS 4pce 5wt. I received my replacement rod 6 months later. $75. I spoke to the rep at the Fly Fishing exposition and he explained that there may have been an inventory shortage. They have some warranty options which you can check but it took 6 months to get my replacement rod. Not a big deal as I wasn't fishing. I would have hated to have broken it in June. I hope you get better service than me....can't get worse!! I too have a Mazda B4000....must be the truck!!

I broke my tip in Sept last year and brought it to a local flyshop for replacement. It's a Streamdance GLX HLS 4pce 5wt. I received my replacement rod 6 months later. $75. I spoke to the rep at the Fly Fishing exposition and he explained that there may have been an inventory shortage. They have some warranty options which you can check but it took 6 months to get my replacement rod. Not a big deal as I wasn't fishing. I would have hated to have broken it in June. I hope you get better service than me....can't get worse!! I too have a Mazda B4000....must be the truck!!

That's pretty rough. One reason I like TFO is for $35 you have your rod in a couple of days. My other rods are Sage. Haven't had to deal with thier warrenty yet.

Does anyone know if you have to send in the broken piece, Whole rod or just take pics and email them? I would hate for them to make me send the whole rod in and give me some other rod.

Nate

you just cut out the part off with all the info on it. the fastest way to get a new rod: call loomis tell your story see what they will give you to replace your rod, hen pay for that rod up front and when you send in your old rod they will take the charges off your card. hope that helps.

you just cut out the part off with all the info on it. the fastest way to get a new rod: call loomis tell your story see what they will give you to replace your rod, hen pay for that rod up front and when you send in your old rod they will take the charges off your card. hope that helps.

That warranty is great IFthey have the rod in stock. If not...It could be a wait!!

Does anyone know if you have to send in the broken piece, Whole rod or just take pics and email them? I would hate for them to make me send the whole rod in and give me some other rod.

Nate

Why don't you just contact Loomis and explain your situation to find out exactly what they'll do?

http://www.gloomis.com/publish/content/glo...contact_us.html

I posted my experience with the Loomis warranty before, but I'll reiterate.

Broke my main rod (GL3) in early June 2009 (my fault totally). Had a hard time even contacting anyone at Loomis to find out what the procedure was. They told me only one guy deals with the entire program and he didn't return any of my phone messages. Finally told me I had to ship the entire broken rod to him before he would even comment on a replacement (that cost me $25 and I did it right away as I wanted to get fishing again). Many phone calls later (I got the story about the inventory backup too) I received by new GL3 the day after fishing season closes here (Sept 15) and had to pay another $75.

Terrible service IMHO and I won't be buying another Loomis rod if this one ever breaks again. Someone told me the service went downhill after Shimano bought Loomis, but that's just heresay.

Adams

My rod tube fell apart for the aforementioned Streamdance so I e-mailed G Loomis USA and they referred me to Shimano, Canada. I phoned them and the guy was a moron. I emailed G Loomis USA again and their rep apologized for the Canadian service and sent me a new tube. Sometimes going to the top is better. That was the service I expected.