Fly Fusion Forums

Bigfoot

so i figured it's time to start the bigfoot thread since opening day is now upon us. lets let the stories roll. belivers, non believers. lets hear it all. I for one believe in sasquatch. every time i grab a kokanee i find him on my bottle.

When you're hiking with your significant other and she asks what was that, do not say sasquatch. Apparently not funny, and it would seem she is not convinced they do not exist. The sound was a bull elk bugling, which could be compared to a sound a bigfoot might make for what it's worth.

Personally I think a samskwonch would sound something like this- "what the f@*K are you looking at !?"

[When you're hiking with your significant other and she asks what was that, do not say sasquatch. Apparently not funny, and it would seem she is not convinced they do not exist. The sound was a bull elk bugling, which could be compared to a sound a bigfoot might make for what it's worth.

Personally I think a samskwonch would sound something like this- "what the f@*K are you looking at !?" ]

hahah thats too funny. I did the same thing with my wife and now she wont go hiking with me anymore. instead she just says go with the dog and go fishing. I love samsquanch.

Hey

This recent article caught my eye. Don't know why it wasn't front-page news.

Bow River Coconuts Captured

CALGARY - Chaparral resident Rusty Thirst claims to have pulled out two actual coconuts from the Bow River.

'I was just walking along the riverbank, not drinking or anything. Then I noticed this big hairy dude throwing objects into the river. I happened to have my camera, so I snapped a few photos.' He showed pictures clearly depicting a sasquatch running along the riverbank, tossing 'coconuts' into the river.

Mr. Thirst waded into the frigid waters and retrieved the objects. 'They're coconuts, alright. I'm sure of that!' he added. 'I used to be a teacher, you know.'

The objects were later analyzed and found to be rolls of brown, enviro-friendly toilet paper.

Residents are reminded to stay out of the river this time of year, and not to approach any suspicious-looking people along its banks.

I used to think "it's possible they exist, but not probable." But then I had a very close friend tell me about his encounter and I started reading more about the subject. This friend is very intelligent and analytical, and isn't prone to jump to conclusions (you know, the guy that will ALWAYS reply with the snopes article disproving that email forward that just got sent out). I was going to write the Coles notes version, but then I remembered it was reported here: http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=1400.

I decided to give it a fair shake and have since read a few good books on the subject. The more I read, the more I'm convinced. Laugh if you must, but all I have to say is, do some honest research and I think most people would be surprised about the amount of evidence there is for their existence (people have been convicted of murder and thrown in jail for less)!

A sasquatch lives in Lake Louise

His name is Jim and he drives a big white garbage truck - If you see him, give him the finger, that's how sasquatches say "hello". You can tell Jim from the other sasquatches because he wears 15 year old MEC rad pants and visits Laggans deli daily. He may bluff-charge strangers but don't worry, just toss a danish to his feet - Oh yeah,...and be carefull not to mention "sheep" and "inflatable" in the same sentence that might provoke an unpleasant reaction (his ex is a sensitive subject).

Jim has spent 17 of the last 20 winters exploring the Himilaya region - he claims he is doing research but we all know he is really looking for his long lost Yeti brother.

• 1 year later...

There is enough believable evidence (pre-20th century sightings, stories from native histories, footprints discovered by accident) to suggest that there was/is something undiscovered out there...as a zoologist and hobbyist cryptozoologist, I have an open mind, but without some very solid evidence, I am yet to be convinced of what. I also believe that Ogopogo sightings are often sightings of some real animal...perhaps a really big sturgeon. As a scientist, I am going to look for the most probable explanation first.

Curiously, the BC wildlife act provides protection (or at least it used to) for any unknown species residing in Lake Okanagan, but not for any undiscovered, large primate living in BC.