Fly Fusion Forums

New Truck And Trailer Guy...

Hi there, recently bought a truck and 22 foot komfort trailer.. been driving around the neighbor hood practising driving...think in early july going to be ready to go camping....problem is little scared..need tofind a campsite in the crownest pass with lots of room for me to park this thing and a campsite(not lost lemon) that take trailers.. have been to allison creek.. tent only not sure if they take trailers.also have camp at beaver mines like them both.. but how is trailer access to both.....and are there any other good site close to lakes or river with good access for trailers....jon

Hi there, recently bought a truck and 22 foot komfort trailer.. been driving around the neighbor hood practising driving...think in early july going to be ready to go camping....problem is little scared..need tofind a campsite in the crownest pass with lots of room for me to park this thing and a campsite(not lost lemon) that take trailers.. have been to allison creek.. tent only not sure if they take trailers.also have camp at beaver mines like them both.. but how is trailer access to both.....and are there any other good site close to lakes or river with good access for trailers....jon

Congrats, we have a 24 foot Komfort and are very happy with it. Oldman and Dutch Creek have trailer accessible sites. Beauvais Lake probably has the easiest access. We've camped at Beaver Mines & Chinook Lake with ours and have had no problems getting in and out.

I'm at Racehorse Creek Prov Rec Area (28k N of Coleman on FTR #40) every Sun-Tues. There are no hookups. There's lots of room for trailers but they are not pull thru sites so you will need to back in. Some sites are easier than others. Come down and say Hi.

Lundbreck Falls E of Crowsnest Pass is another option. They have sites specifically for trailers with power hookups.

Here's a link to all the sites in that area.

http://www.rockymountaincamping.ca/

I use Hiawatha up off 507 only a few k from the river. Some sites are easy to park and others not so much. Washrooms, power, water and a playground for my 2 rascals. Hope you enjoy the new trailer. I bought a new Max Lite 23 foot rear slide last year and only got a few nights in so I plan to be gone a lot this summer.

I use Hiawatha up off 507 only a few k from the river. Some sites are easy to park and others not so much. Washrooms, power, water and a playground for my 2 rascals. Hope you enjoy the new trailer. I bought a new Max Lite 23 foot rear slide last year and only got a few nights in so I plan to be gone a lot this summer.

I find Hiawatha a little crammed, but it is convenient and showers are nice.