Fly Fusion Forums

Skagit Master 2

headscan

thats going to be a great early xmas gift for me , just coming out in time ''Sept ''to really get one pumped befor heading out chasing them steelhead in the skeena again

and did you see that reel , ''hardy bougle '' with the click an pawl , she was screaming , almost as good as a 30's perfect for sound , dame that was just to short , what a tease it is

cant wait! Looks like a good one, that chrome really gets my heart beating, september is coming! If there is some scenario specific technique in this one it should be good to pick up where part one left off...sure nice to see that this volume includes steel!

just read an article written by Scott Howell, apparently they included some footage of swinging and twitching steelhead poppers on the video. I am not sure if anyone has seen the clip of one of his guides fishing this style for steelhead on the N.Umpqua on his website, but it sure is a sweet clip, not sure whether the steelhead smashing the popper or the guys casting abilities are more impressive!

• 8 months later...

Thought it was great. It was nice to see the actual techniques instead of casting since there are already so many videos covering that. Seeing how he works his way through the run was interesting. I thought the best part was seeing him swing without a take for a while and lose a bunch of fish since that's more realistic than a lot of the other videos out there.

• 2 weeks later...
Thought it was great. It was nice to see the actual techniques instead of casting since there are already so many videos covering that. Seeing how he works his way through the run was interesting. I thought the best part was seeing him swing without a take for a while and lose a bunch of fish since that's more realistic than a lot of the other videos out there.

As I see it when you get video's that have a second video follow up the first is always a instructional video and the next couple then get away from the instructions.

Look at hendrick's video's the first two were most instructional then anything, then it went into teachnique and fishin.

Also I haven't watched many video's but is this Ed's first video, if so I can totally see why it was more instructional then anything else. Anyways for me I thought the first Skagit master was awsome (i'm a firm beliver that you can learn something from everyone, some people explain things diffrently that makes it eaiser for other, to think you have already seen everything is a little bit .........) Haven't watched the second one yet but plan on soon.

Can't wait to see the next two that they are advertising on their web site (I belive they are in filming right now.)

One last thing, with the sponsor advertising, I agree with Marc on this, if it wasn't for them then I highly doubt the film would of been made, and the compaines that ponny up the dollers deserves some advertising. Who remebers the first trout bumb video I mean the sponser advertising was absoultly crazy, even though I enjoy fishin the product I found it to be overwelming at times.