Fly Fusion Forums

Worldcup Southafrica 2010

So the world cup is about to begin, and as a true fan of the game I intend to watch every single game of the entire tournament. Of course due to work and other reasons, I will not be able to watch the games live. I have a DVD player / recorder with a hard drive (enough to record many games) I just realized however, that for whatever reason CBC does not come up on the list of stations I can record (it is the ONLY station that is not listed). Would anyone here know why this is? as it stands right now, my only option is to record the games in french, the french station will be carrying the entire worldcup as well.

Thanks for any input

So the world cup is about to begin, and as a true fan of the game I intend to watch every single game of the entire tournament. Of course due to work and other reasons, I will not be able to watch the games live. I have a DVD player / recorder with a hard drive (enough to record many games) I just realized however, that for whatever reason CBC does not come up on the list of stations I can record (it is the ONLY station that is not listed). Would anyone here know why this is? as it stands right now, my only option is to record the games in french, the french station will be carrying the entire worldcup as well.

Thanks for any input

I'm not sure how CBC would be able to prevent you from recording its channel if you are using a stand-alone DVD player / recorder. Maybe the signal is flagged with something that tells the DVD player not to record, however I doubt that you would not be able to see the channel in the first place. They don't prevent PVR's from recording so I doubt they'd stop other devices, my guess would be it's either a glitch, or the guide hasn't updated etc.

I'm not sure how CBC would be able to prevent you from recording its channel if you are using a stand-alone DVD player / recorder. Maybe the signal is flagged with something that tells the DVD player not to record, however I doubt that you would not be able to see the channel in the first place. They don't prevent PVR's from recording so I doubt they'd stop other devices, my guess would be it's either a glitch, or the guide hasn't updated etc.

I think they are just trying to stop you from setting them all up to be PVR'ed in advance. I'm sure once it starts I can PVR it while I'm sitting there but say I know I'm going to miss the start of the game I can't go into the menu today and pre-record it.

I hear 26 billion people will be watching. :saycheeze:

At the risk of hijacking this thread (apologies in advance), I just don't get it. Maybe 2 goals scored in an average game. The rest is just a bunch of people kicking a ball back and forth.

But hey, the riots are fun to watch.

Ps. I have a RAM DVD recorder (rewriteable). Best $150 I ever spent.