Fly Fusion Forums

Place To Stay Near The Crow

Guest lookinforwalter

Guest lookinforwalter

Hey Guys!

I am off on a little fishing trip to the Crow in Jul with some buddies. This will not be my first time and have stayed at Lumbreck Campground before but I am looking for any other suggestions. Campground, Cabin, Brothels?

Thanks!

I like staying at the Best Canadian Inn in Blairmore. Not really roughing it, but after being on the water for 12+ hours, a hot shower, good bed, and a good breakfast go a long way.

Also stayed at the Kozy Kabins on the Ab BC border, and the hostel at Castle Mt. Both are good also.

Take a look at some B & B's...there's some good ones.

Anglers' Ridge B&B .. 200 to 300 m from the river. Well done facilities. Will hold many people. Call Malcolm Bennett or Wendy.

Mike Lamb's Riverside Lodging. Mike has an awesome cabin 200 m from the river at the TU Burmis lease. Will sleep quite a few people. Kitchen..two bathrooms...two bedrooms...VERY well appointed.

Both of these people are active TU members. Mike manages the TU Hillcrest lease and Malcolm manages the TU Burmis lease. (I have no financial interest in these businesses.)

Try Eckardt's Tecumseh Mountain Resort.

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/eckardt/

They have cabins and a campground and were pretty reasonable (even have a stocked pond). The guy that runs/owns the place was nice, though a little arrogant...

P

A illegally installed dam on a creek that used to have cutthroats... and natural reproduction in the pond (attached stream) making it a dam on a public fishery... :$*%&:

And he is arrogant.

Dryflies links are excellent places to stay.

I like Lundbreck. You could also stay in any of the provincial camp sites north or south of the pass (Racehorse, Dutch, Lost, Chinook). They have some services and its quieter than random camping.

If you can, also check out the Goat Mountain Get-Away (http://www.members.shaw.ca/goatmtn/)

I haven't stayed there in awhiile, but they used to have great prices and in an excellent location. It gets booked fast though!