Fly Fusion Forums

Runaway Sage Rod

I tried to see if my Sage Rpl 5wt would fly if I drove fast enough with it on the roof of my vehicle on Sunday night in Sundance. If anyone hears of a misplaced rod that wants to come home please let me know. It is attached to an old Browning reel as well. Hopefully I am able to learn from the experience.

Guest Sundancefisher
I tried to see if my Sage Rpl 5wt would fly if I drove fast enough with it on the roof of my vehicle on Sunday night in Sundance. If anyone hears of a misplaced rod that wants to come home please let me know. It is attached to an old Browning reel as well. Hopefully I am able to learn from the experience.

OH NO!!!

Not again!!!

I did the same thing, last night i emptied my car after camping, I left my rod and reel on the roof. after an extra night under the stars, I actually managed to hear the rod slip off the roof of my car before i drove out of the parking lot and I was able to catch him before he got away lol

Is there a club I can join for this mistake? I did the same thing driving off from the upper Bow. Heard her roll across the back of my truck and I wondered "hmm...what was that? sounded like something fell of the top of my tr...! *hit!!

St. Croix 5wt - 0 TransCanada - 1

Guest Sundancefisher
Tough luck monger...any luck in recovering the run away?

cohod

Sadly there are not as many honest people around any more.

Man, I thought I was the only one to do this.

Sorry to hear of the loss, I did the same thing at policemans about 7 years ago with a temple fork. I also found a hardy(?) perfect reel at policemans that I managed to reunite with it's appreciative owner.

I have since taken McLennans advice to heart and put my rod on the hood of my truck first thing when I get back to the truck and when I leave I cannot forget it.