Fly Fusion Forums

Batteries

We are about to head out for our first trip with new TT - Jayflight 22FB.

We had a camper with solar panel - no solar yet for tt.

so ??

The set up for mounting batteries will fit 2 24's, but I have 2 27's. What set ups do others use for mounting and covering a pair of 27's? Does it matter where on the tongue they go? That could alleviate some considerations.

Would I be better off, in terms of power stored getting a pair, or even 4 6v and set up accordingly?

To operate an electric fishing motor - I need to replace 24's here - would a pair of 6v run longer?

Don: The only way to ensure more storage is to add storage capacity. Changing from 12v batteries to 4-6v won't automatically do it. We had 2-12v RV batts in the the 5th, but soon changed them out for 6v in series, but the 6v golf cart batteries were true deep cycle batteries and had 3 times the storage capacity of the 2 paralleled 12v batteries that we replaced.

The only issue you may have with mounting the batteries, is if you are "on the edge" with max. tongue weight. The 6v are much heavier(thicker plates, more reserve storage).

Grace says "Hi, you guys".

j

I had a 24 on mine originally and changed it to two 31's.Lots of power for 4 nights.

transomesaver008medium.jpg

I welded up a frame to hold the 2 batts and the cases i also added a bar to go across so i can lock them.

transomesaver009medium.jpg

This gives me 240 amp/hrs plenty for a long weekend.

2 6 volts like Jack said i believe are 240 amp/hrs each so 2 would be plenty.They are pricey and also twice the weight.