Fly Fusion Forums

Bow River - Run Off?

How is the bow river for clarity with all this crazy weather this last week. I have been terribly busy getting ready for a move and have not been able to get out for a drive and check if any of the creeks / rivers are blown out yet and muddied up the bow..

How's it looking, my brother is coming in Saturday for a weekend float.

How is the bow river for clarity with all this crazy weather this last week. I have been terribly busy getting ready for a move and have not been able to get out for a drive and check if any of the creeks / rivers are blown out yet and muddied up the bow..

Looks pretty clear today...Glenmore Trail bridge area was anyway...

Hey hows the bow river fishing these days its going to be nice this week so im heading out there this saturday.

Not that this is runoff yet but I've heard two opinions on fishing during runoff:

1. Don't waste your time, too murky.

2. If you skip runoff you could be missing some good fishing.

Is the second true by fishing the banks?

Most of the best fishing I have EVER had has been while others have said "don't waste your time" and while fly shops are cancelling their trips. Fish slack water near the banks. You may have to work hard and do some walking to find SLACK water... but you can find it... it's there. :) and when you do find it fish a big black stone / black leech in it... you'll be suprised what goes on :D

Most of the best fishing I have EVER had has been while others have said "don't waste your time" and while fly shops are cancelling their trips. Fish slack water near the banks. You may have to work hard and do some walking to find SLACK water... but you can find it... it's there. :) and when you do find it fish a big black stone / black leech in it... you'll be suprised what goes on :D

first time i was able to even catch a fish on the bow was during run-off.Water way up and muddy as hell. show em sumthin big. Hawgstoppah said it right, big and dark, tight to tha banks in slack water. Probably something thats gonna push a lot a water so it can be heard. Ive used bowriver buggers, dark clousers, huge woolies and #2 all black cone head muddlers. I m no pro but it worked for me 2 years ago. No runoff lastyear much.