Fly Fusion Forums

Garbage Dumpers In North Glenmore Caught In The Act

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

http://www.calgarysun.com/news/columnists/...4/13814301.html

BUSTED!!!

I always hate picking up other people's garbage and when they leave that big a pile...what is up with that? Why not just put the bags out for trash day? Was there illegal stuff in the bags? I just don't get it.

On a side note...

Now I wish someone would bust the line of thieves stealing from the charity drop off in the Canadian Tire parking lot in Shawnessy. There is literally a line of guys and gals waiting in nice vehicles for people to drop stuff off. After a drop off they rush over either walking or driving...they then pack things up into their vehicles and go back to their waiting spots. It is so unbelievably unreal...it seems like a movie. It would make awesome youtube footage. Theft is theft and these people look like they are stealing for a flea market or used goods store versus down and outs...which if that was the case would be going to goodwill for free stuff anyways.

I think it will even get worse if they impliment the one can limit city wide... The people that have more garbage in a week (not sure the reasons why someone would have this amount of garbage, but it's possible) to fill their own can will undoubtedly start filling up their neighbors in the early hours if they charge a fee for extra bags!!

P

it should be like it is back in ontario 1 bag is free and any bags further cost ya 2 buck amazing how effiecent you get at recycling and composting when you are paying to throw out garbage.

Hey

I think the garbage limit is a bad idea. Take my neighbors (please). There is no way in hell they could live with the limit. I see a minimum 5 bags per week in the alley. I've seen them burning garbage and furniture in their back yard. I call Bylaw and they deny everything - they never get caught. Do you think trailer-trash like them will pay extra for garbage?! They will NEVER be a part of the solution.

Also, where is the return on a few dollars fee? Think of the administration costs.

I think there are only 2 options that will work: 1 Catch them and nail them to the cross. 2 Implement a system that caters to their irresponsible, destructive actions. Both options are costly to the taxpayer.

I see a pile of garbage on my way to work every day. Each week it gets bigger and bigger. There is stuff there like staircase railings and a shuffleboard. Obviously this pig loads his truck up. Why can't he just continue to the landfill? I don't think there's a big enough baseball bat to hammer this guy's head. I hope the cops are watching this pile of trash. Hmmm I just got an idea.

Cheers

Some other idiot just got caught out in Bearspaw at my Father in-laws. Dumped a ton of garbage with bank statements, and bills with his address. I think these guys should be dumped in a hole along with their garbage, and then push it in.

"fines could be up to $750"

wow...a whole $750???

pathetic, up it to 25k and some jail time and you'd see less of it.

I too thought $750 was mild for this kind of behavior +$2000 sounds more reasonable to me.

bank statements, and bills with his address.

Alice's Restaurant comes to mind.

officer i cannot tell a lie, i put that piece of paper with my name on it under the half a ton o garbage

i couldnt live with one bag per week... only because i generally will forget for 2 wks to take the garbag out and then i have 2 bags. i could not posibly expect someone who visits 250,000 homes per week to remember that i didnt take my garbage out the week before.

I too thought $750 was mild for this kind of behavior +$2000 sounds more reasonable to me.

Kind of the same reasons people keep on breaking fishing regs too... the fines just don't deter the act. real deterrence will only come with fines in the 5000+ to 25,000+ ranges.