Fly Fusion Forums

Portable Tying Cases

DonAndersen

Folks,

I travel when fishing and always take along a selection of tying equipment and materials. At this point, there are 3 tubs and a tackle box full of "stuff". Do you guys know if anyone who makes a larger typing bag. Looked @ the Fish Pond Tying Bag. and it needs a much larger brother.

regards,

Don

Don,

I've seen your travel kit ... more stuff than some fly shops. ;)

I've been using one of these Planos for years when I haul tying stuff to the trailer....four drawers for hooks, threads, stuff and more stuff. And a larger top compartment for the vice and assorted gear ad supplies.

This holds all of the essential trout-fly supplies and gear. Been very handy for me.

Clive

0137310b.jpg

Don,

I've seen your travel kit ... more stuff than some fly shops. ;)

I've been using one of these Planos for years when I haul tying stuff to the trailer....four drawers for hooks, threads, stuff and more stuff. And a larger top compartment for the vice and assorted gear ad supplies.

This holds all of the essential trout-fly supplies and gear. Been very handy for me.

Clive

0137310b.jpg

same i use this plano, works great, but its kinda gettin full. ;)

post-2100-1272034424.jpg

Guys,

My tackle box is what holds the tools/vice/glue/thread etc. Then there are 3 tubs + of course the tying lamp. Trying to cut down. Got a new trailer on order. Need to cut down so that there is room in the new trailer for both wife and dog.

Saw a decent case years ago that Darren Atkin had @ the FF conclave in Calgary. Should have asked him where he got it.

regards,

Don