Fly Fusion Forums

Nfr

My wife was involved in a serious car accident in 2001. She had worked for Telus for over 20 years. When she was unable to return to work due to her injuries, she was fired.

A Human Rights Case against Telus looks like it will be dismissed.

Currently, she has a lawsuit is pending against them.

I am asking everyone to discontinue using Telus, their products or their subsiduaries.

The only way to get the attention of "Big Business" is to hit them in the where it counts most; in their pockets.

Thanks to those of you who will avoid Telus products and services and for viewing this rant.

FHD

sorry to hear that. i worked at the calgary board of education during the telus strike a couple years ago. there were some interesting moments on the telus street corner (kiddy-corner to CBE).

i'll be switching from telus this fall as i'll be re-locating. unfortunately most people don't have the resources to look into social/environmental practices (such as labour practices) when choosing so they just go with the lowest cost. for telus cutting costs and increasing revenue means exporting jobs to india (or at least that's how i understand it).

good luck with the lawsuit.

Sorry to hear about your wife. I hope everything works out.

Unfortunately, boycotts don't work unless a significant number of users participate.

A lot of people are boycotting the SEK's, but it doesn't seem to be working. There are too many people who aren't willing to participate. I withdraw my $60 annual fee (already twice what a resident pays) and three people fish for one day and trump me. What can you do?

I boycott wallmart and dollar stores (contributes to child labour) and 100 people shop there and trump me.

Not everyone agrees with whats right and wrong and most times something other then principle comes into play.

same thing happened to my mom.

she got sick though and they fired her!

i switched from telus as soon as that happened

Allready use shaw phone so that's the best i can do for ya. Sorry to hear about the wife. Rogers cell phone as well.

Here's hopin shy can sue em for some big $.

Don't Telus employees have STD and LTD plans? The employer wouldn't have any say whether benefits would continue or not, it's up to the doctor. Also, why is the Human Rights case being dismissed? That commission would be impartial. Doesn't sound like she has much of a case. I'd want to hear both sides of the story before I took any action.

Telus is EVIL!!! (and you have to say it as "Eeeeeveeeeeil")

Ever since Dale Entwistle took over it's become a profit hungry monster with no regard for the people that built it, or the customers that depend on it.

Seems that's the pattern with phone companies in general though, Bell, Telus, Rogers, whoever the company is the business creates corporate indifference to anything but growth and profit.

Marketplace did a nice piece on Telus a few years back regarding their getting spanked by the CRTC.

Telus ranks as my personal bottom of the list POS company in Canada and has for quite some time now.

I curse them!