40c. Clouswers from Joe N: Gustupshon Paid

41a. Chronnies from fishingfromayak: tibore Paid

41b. Brassies from fishingfromayak: tibore Paid

42. Stillwater Cuttie Trip to Smith Lake from Pipestoneflyguy: McLeodPaid

43. Bow Jet Boat Trip #2 from Tungsten: InvermereanglerPaid

44a. Salmon and Steelhead flies with box from Ickyflyworks: PGKPaid

44b. Proprietors Special with Boxes from Ickyflyworks: Gustuphson Paid

45. Dolly Varden trip from Gustuphson: DrBullTrout

Winners, please take a look at the first page of the auction thread for payment instructions, prompt payment will be highly appreciated. And contact you hosts to set up dates. Congrats and thanks!

********************************************************************************

2010 Streamwatch Closed Auction Items

1. TACO'S CUTTHROAT SAFARI...with Host/Guide Taco

More info. from Taco...

"I'll offer up a guided Aug- early Sept, Cutthroat trip for 1 angler, somewhere in the headwaters of the OMR system, buyers choice of time and place, I'll supply food and beverages. Meet in the Gap area and the buyer must have the ability to ride in a cowman's regular cab truck, with all it's associated sounds and smells. I also have plenty of equipment to loan, for small, tight water"

Additional Info from Rickr:

I have been on a small water trip with Taco. As long as you don't let him get in front of you and catch all the fish, I could not recommend this trip more. It was an awesome experience catching fish in tiny, and sometimes not so tiny water!

Winning Bid: $300 Keith

Auction Closed.

********************************************************************************

2. PANORAMA ADVENTURE

Explore the many rivers and streams in the Panorama area, with your hosts, Rick Reeves and Jared Murray, if I can talk him into it! (This is a non-guided trip).

More info from me:

"We will be fishing for 2 1/2 days at various rivers/streams in the Invermere/Canal Flats area. The trip will be sometime in September. It will be mainly a Cuttie trip, as the Bulls will have already left to do their thing. I'll drive and supply the accommodations. We will split the food and any necessary beverages. This is for up to TWO ANGLERS. Here is a link to our trips the last two years:"

2008 BC Cuttie Trip

BC Cuttie Trip 2010

Winning Bid: $290 Uberfly

Auction Closed

3. LOWER BOW JET TRIP with host/guide Tungsten

More info from Mike:

"This will be a full day on the water, below Hwy. 24, down too the reserve section of the lower Bow. Will include flies, lunch and beverages. We can go anytime that is convenient, from July 1st, untill the end of the season, pending on conditions. If you want to drift fish, I can take two anglers. Or, if you want to jet from run too run and stop to fish, no problem and I can take up to three anglers. I am not a guide, just a guy who likes to fish!"

Additional info from Rickr:

I have had the pleasure of fishing with Mike when he took me and my son on an evening trip on his boat. Like Taco above, don't let him get in front of you! But if any fish around are willing to be caught, Mike can put you on them. We had a fantastic time! Here are some shots of what you can expect, minus the lime green shirt:

Tungsten Trip Pic 1

Tungsten Trip Pic 2

Tungsten trip Pic 3

Winning Bid: $375 H2O

Auction Closed

4. Central Alberta Brown Trout Adventure with guide/host Fishpro

More info from fishpro:

One day of fishing for Brown Trout on a Central Alberta stream, location to be disclosed to the winner. This trip is for one or two anglers, could handle three but would be quite crowded, many pools are suited to one fisherman only. Anglers can expect good numbers of trout, with the possibility of fish pushing 20 inches or larger. Trip can be taken between late June and late August. We will hopefully be dry fly fishing, but streamers are also effective. A 3-5 weight rod is the best choice. I will meet the winning bidder that morning in NW Calgary or somewhere near the stream.

Winning Bid:$260 Inveremereangler

Auction Closed.

5. RED DEER RIVER DRIFT with host/guide Sanky

More info from Tony:

"I would like to donate a full day float on the Red Deer River between Jun 1 and Jun 4, inclusive, to catch the Skwala Stonefly Hatch. I do suggest a mid-week float so that we encounter very little traffic and have the whole river to ourselves.

A BBQ lunch will be provided along with water and snacks. Please anticipate a long day on the water, as hatch times may vary and we might only get off the water at dark. This trip is for up to two anglers in a low profile Hyde. I am not a guide but I LOVE to flyfish." Note: These dates may be subject to change due to snow pack/runoff/hatch conditions.

Winning Bid:$350 troutlover

Auction Closed

6. ELK RIVER FLOAT TRIP with your Host/Guide Don Jensen of Wildlife West Adventures

More info from Don "This is a 1 day float on the Elk River, Fernie BC for summer of 2010 to include lunch, soft drinks, flies and leaders if needed. Not included: license, transportation to Fernie, gratuties. This trip is for two anglers"

Here is a poster describing the trip:

thumbnaill.jpg

And a few pics to further whet the appetite:

Elk Pic 1

Elk Pic 2

Elk Pic 3

Elk Pic 4

A little trip to Cuttie Heaven! Anyone need to say more? Gotta tell everyone, I thought of just buying it myself and not putting it up for auction!

Winning Bid:$550 Keith

Auction Closed.

8. RED HAWK WOOD BURNING by artist Evan Lacey (samuraifly)

More info from Evan "This is a wood burning I did of a red tail hawk, burned on a 8 1/2" x 11 bass wood plaque. This one took me about 8 hours "

hawkbig.jpg

Evan is also interested in doing commission work. If interested, please contact him at elacey1980@gmail.com.

Here are a couple of posts on this site showing more of Evan's beautiful work:

Wood Burning Post 1

Wood Burning Post 2

Winningt Bid:$40.00 BigBowTrout

Auction Closed.

11. "BOW RIVER NYMPHS and FLY BOX" tied and donated byTightline

More info from Sean:

"A dozen and two bonus flies of some of the most productive nymphs of the Bow for the past three years. Flies include personal hand tied variations of: san juan worm, caddis emerger, prince nymph, pheasant tail, copper john and hydropsyche.

Flies come in a waterproof, double sided see through waterproof box with plenty of space for you to continue to fill!"

Value: $45

Winning Bid:$75 Pipestoneflyguy

Auction Closed.

12. "20 LB of RED KING CRAB LEGS" Donated by Joey's Seafood Restaurants

This is one case of Red King Crab Legs, retail value of $250.00. Thanks to James (simpson) for this donation, and

Joey's Seafood Restaurants (Headoffice)

514 - 42 Ave SE

Calgary

Winning Bid:$150.00 Tungsten

Closed

13. "24 LB OF SHRIMP" Donated by Joey's Seafood Restaurants

This is one case of Shrimp in 6, 4 lb blocks, 35 shrimp per lb, peeled and ready to go. Retail value of $190.00. Thanks to James (simpson) for this donation, and

Joey's Seafood Restaurants (Headoffice)

514 - 42 Ave SE

Calgary

Winning Bid:$125 rickr

Closed

14. "OPEN SEASON at BULLSHEAD!" Tied/Donated by Bloom

Wondering what to use on that first trip to Bullshead this year? Well, wonder no more! Throw these out and hang on.....

More from Tim:

An Amundson box containing 3 dozen of my favorite lake flies. The box

contains one dozen of the leech pattern I use, and an assortment of

chironomids (2 dozen) in sizes 10, 12, and a couple size 16 bloodworms.

These flies are the ones I use most often in lakes for Southern Alberta.

Here are some pictures of the flies, and some links to close ups!

p3260142.jpg

p3260136.jpg

p3260139.jpg

Close ups of the leeches can be seen here:

Chromie

Black and Silver

Chronnie

Snowcone

And the Amundson fly box. It\'s the AHB16A Water Proof Fly Box:

Amundson Fly Boxes

Winning Bid:$101 drbulltrout

Closed

15. "FLY FISHING AT LAKE BONAVISTA" with your guide/host dune

or as I like to call it "CHASING THE BEASTS OF BONAVISTA"!

more from dune:

Day/afternoon/evening access [mutually tbd] to calgary's oldest stocked community lake. rainbows in excess of 5lbs caught annually. host will row boat and provide 'local knowledge'

Winning Bid $100 Gustuphson

Closed

Rick the real winner is The Alberta Streamwatch Program! :P

Congrats to everyone that won thus far and thanks for donating both in kind and $! You're supporting a great cause! For those of you (yes you know who you are) that fish all the small streams around Southern Alberta, you have an obligation to support this (bid on my pie, we gotta beat all those those cake loving SOB's! ;))!

P

Winners so far

Taco's Cutty Safari: Keith

Rick's Pano Adventure: Uberfly

Tungsten's Jetboat Trip: H2O

Central Alberta Brown Trout Adventure: Invermereangler

Red Deer River Float: Troutlover

Winners, please take a look at the first page of the auction thread for payment instructions, prompt payment will be highly appreciated. And contact you hosts to set up dates. Congrats and thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

10. NEW ZEALAND MADE "BROWS'S and BOW'S LANDING NET" Hand Crafted by Curt Carlson

More info from Curt:

Browns & Bows landing nets are hand crafted by Curt Carlson, (Alberta born) in Russell, New Zealand. Brown and Rainbow are the iconic trout of New Zealand. Everything you hear is true, big, wary to the angler, but fantastic to catch, and the rivers, streams, creeks and scenery are truly wild. Each summer I bring a few nets back to Calgary and am very pleased to offer this to the Stream watch Alberta auction. As we say in NZ, "good on ya".

Each is unique, crafted one at a time, in limited numbers, at my shop. They are made from hardwoods such as Tasmanian Blackwood, Taraire, Matai,Tawa, Fiddleback Red Gum, Rewarewa, Kauri, Macrocarpa and Rimu. (I've secured a small supply of Ancient Kauri; this wood is excavated from far north swampy areas and is carbon dated to be 30,000-40,000 years old.) The handle of the frame has a variety of contrasting wood spots consistent with the trout you catch and release. Each net is "Browns & Bows " engraved to recognize New Zealand as a terrific fly fishing destination

BrownsandBows.jpg

BrownsandBows2.jpg

From Rickr: Thanks to BigBowTrout for talking to Curt about this donation. Seriously, I wish I could bid on this! A gorgeous and unique item for any Fly Fisherman in Alberta to own.

Winning Bid:$180 slingshotz

CLOSED

16. "PARACHUTE ADAMS SHADOW BOX AUTOGRAPHED BY MASTER TYER LEROY HYATT" Donated by TU Edmonton via BRB

streamwatchhyatt.jpg

Thanks to the boys from Edmonton stepping up!!

Winning Bid: $75 TerryH

CLOSED

17. "FLY FISHING WEST CENTRAL ALBERTA" with Guide Kelsey of Kure Outdoors

This very exciting trip will offer the winner a chance to fish waters rarely seen by anglers! Have a look!! Thanks to Kelsey for offering this up.

flyfishwestcentralalber.jpg

Winning Bid:$400 PaleMorningDunce

CLOSED

18. "CROWSNEST ADVENTURE" With your host/guide Trailhead

More from Vic:

I will donate a flyfishing excursion that I will call the "Crowsnest Adventure". For up to two anglers, 2 days of fishing, accommodation provided, food to be a group effort, targeting all available species in the area, depending on the physical abilities of who participates. Strenuous hike in for goldens to very easy stillwater floats, and anything in between.

Date to be determined by consensus of all involved.

From Rick: Like my Panorama trip, except with a real fisherman leading the way!!

Winning Bid:$350 Easternflyfish

CLOSED

19. SOUTHERN ALBERTA WALK AND WADE with your host/guide Hawgstoppah

More from Brian:

Walk and wade on a southern alberta river with Brian for a full day (be prepared for a FULL day). Chances at huge browns, huge rainbows, huge bulls (depending on the location chosen, which will be one of two rivers discussed by the winning bidder and Brian), this is a trip to those streams tucked away in the southwest corner of alberta that you hear rumblings about, but never REALLY hear about. This is meant to be a fun trip and for a good cause, so I will be doing some fishing too... of course the winner will get the very best holes though, as well as instruction if needed, but the main goal will be to have fun, catch a few big fish, and learn a new river that the winner can enjoy for years to come.

Accomodation for one night plus BBQ steak dinner (the night before trip, or the night of the trip if you figure you\'ll be too tired to drive home) at my house in cardston if the winner so desires and a backyard campout and fire.. and story telling time smile.gif

Trip is for 1 or 2 people

Trip will take place around my work schedule for the summer depending on what job I can find. We should try for a weekday, but it may have to be a saturday or a sunday, but don't worry there are places we can go to get away from any crowd.

From Rick: I'll kick this one off myself, fishing with Brian is a pleasure.....

Winning Bid:$350 murray

CLOSED

20. "MAX's BOW WALK & WADE" With your host/guide Max Robinson

More from Max:

"full day, will take out 1 or 2 anglers on the bow and teach yall a ton of stuff!!!! slay a few fish too!!! bring your lunches rods reels lines, i got the flies and any other terminal tackle!!!!!".

From Rick: While this trip is great for anyone of any skill level, I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone just starting out Fly Fishing or fishing the Bow. This is like concentrated classroom time, 'cept you get to catch fish!

Winning Bid:$220 rob1

CCLOSED

21. "ADC's BEGINNER PIKE TRIP" with Host/Guide ADC

More from Allan:

"I will offer a trip for one person to a pike lake somewhere in Southern Alberta. This would be an excellent trip for someone who hasn't caught pike on a flyrod but would like to give it a try or someone who is fairly new to flyfishing for pike and wants to get more experience. Trip will be a full day and I will supply lunch, a pontoon boat, flies and pike-worthy fly tackle."

From Rick: I wonder if ADC will have a big net??

Winning Bid:$225 gustuphson

CLOSED

22. "FLY FISHING DVD COLLECTION" Selected and donated by: Fishtales Fly Shop

This is a selection of 3 DVD's. The first is an instructional DVD by Gary LaFontaine and Dick Sharon called "Successful Fly Fishing Strategies," which is an instructional series shot on the water on how to "Observe, Analyze and Perform." The second is called "The Drift" which covers fly fishing, including spey casting in the trout streams of the US Nothwest, Belize, The Bahamas, and Kashmir, India! The final dvd is called "Red Gold", which is an award winning film on the proposed mines in Bristol Bay, Alaska and their potential impact to one of the most pristine and unique fisheries in the world. A very well thought out selection of movies, thanks Dave!

Value $110

Winning Bid:$60 Murray

CLOSED

23. "Barnaby Ridge Golden Trout Adventure" with Host/Guide CDock and Birchy

More from CDock and Birchy:

"We'll offer a non-guided day trip to Barnaby Ridge for 1 or 2 anglers to try our luck for the rare Golden Trout. Transportation and food/snacks will be provided. We'll aim to arrive at the trailhead by sunrise, spend the day on the lakes, and then be back down before dark. Anglers must bring their own equipment and flies. Date TBD by us and the winning bidders. Before bidding, please take into consideration that the hike up the mountain would probably be considered "intermediate" level and requires a person to be in decent physical shape. Also, bring your cameras, because this will be a C&R trip only."

Winning Bid:$250 teck

CLOSED

24. MAYFLY LIFE CYCLE by artist Evan Lacey (samuraifly)

More info from Evan:\"Life stages of black quill mayfly, Nymph, Dun and Spinner burned on 9 1/2" x 7" 3/4" maple finished with satin varathane."

blackquill.jpg

Evan is also interested in doing commission work. If interested, please contact him at elacey1980@gmail.com.

Here are a couple of posts on this site showing more of Evan\'s beautiful work:

Wood Burning Post 1

Wood Burning Post 2

Winning Bid: $60 DrBullTrout

CLOSED

28. "LOOP AEG 9FT 5WT ROD AND LOOP MULTI 3/6 REEL" donated by tyfish

I don't think I need to say much here. This is just a fantastic donation by Tyler.

For those of you not familiar with Loop, here is a link to the reel

Loop Multi 3/6

and the rod:

Loop AEG

Get after it folks!!

Winning Bid:$275 ratonb

CLOSED[

29. "DUTCHIES BOW RIVER TROPHY HUNT" with your host/guide Dutchie

More from Dutchie:

"A one day float trip on the bow for 2 guys , will be a trip searching for big bad ass trophy browns , i'll supply the lunch's "

Here is Dutchie's web site:

Bow River Adventures

From rickr: This is not just for the experienced angler. Dutchie has the reputation on this site as a great guy to go with to enhance you fly fishing skills and to learn the Bow! Oh, and to maybe get a huge brown or to!

Winning Bid:$350 Murray

CLOSED[

30. "TACO'S TRIP INTO THE GREAT UNKNOWN" with your host/guide Taco

More from Taco:

"How about a unknown waters trout exploratory trip? Just jump in my truck and see what we can find for fish in Southern Alberta kinda thing. Some of these places I haven't fished in yrs, who knows exactly where.I'll supply food and beverages. The buyer must have the ability to ride in a cowman's regular cab truck, with all it's associated sounds and smells. I also have plenty of equipment to loan, for small, tight water"

From rickr: Here is the chance to do what lots of us talk about, but few of us actually do: go on a total explore trip. From fishing with Taco before, I can pretty much guarantee wherever you end up, you won't be walking in anyone else's footprints! I'll pay the buyer to bring my gps along!

Winning Bid:$200 brndawg

CLOSED[

31.ADC and RICKR "PUT THEIR MONEY WHERE THEIR MOUTH IS" TRIP TO POLICE OUTPOST with your host/guide ADC and transportation, comic relief Rickr

More from Rick and Al:

"This trip is for one or two anglers to Police Outpost Lake. Al will provide the expertise and I'll supply the transportation from Calgary (the plan is to meet Al in Ft. Mcleod. Al has access to 3 pontoon boats, and I have access to one as well so the boats are covered. We are thinking May or June, date to be mutually agreed upon. This is an opportunity to learn what is going to become Alberta's next trophy lake. "

Winning Bid:$200 Palemorningdunce

Closed

32.UNFRAMED 12 X 36 PRINT OF THIS PICTURE OF A CHINOOK ARCH OVER CHIEF MOUNTAIN TAKEN FROM POLICE LAKE taken and donated by dryfly

Larger version here.

http://members.shaw.ca/ocl3/chinookpano2000.jpg

More from Clive

I will upload the file to a London Drug lab nearest the purchaser. The print will be pre-paid by me. I will email the invoice to the buyer when the print is ready. The buyer will be responsible for picking it up and the framing. Michael's sells nice 11.75 by 36-inch frames for $70 to $80 but they can usually be purchased for 40% or 50% off. The purchaser will have to trim ~¼ inch off of one edge in order for it to fit in the off-the-shelf frame.

As many of you on here know, Clive is a very accomplished photographer. You can see more of his excellent work here:

Clive"s Photos

I'll start this one off myself!

Winning Bid:$200 Lynnf

Closed

"33. A RIVER NEVER SLEEPS" by Roderick Haig-Brown. William Morrow & Company. First edition, 1946. donated by dryfly

As show and described here.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetail...26x%3D0%26y%3D0

This is the actual book up for sale can be seen by clicking these URLs.

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/2/d/8/63987/arns2616-0.jpg

This is the last paragraph in the book and may well be the best thing anyone ever wrote about fishing.

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/2/d/8/63987/arns2618-0.jpg

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/2/d/8/63987/arns2619-0.jpg

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/2/d/8/63987/arns2622-0.jpg

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/2/d/8/63987/arns2621-0.jpg

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/2/d/8/63987/arns2620-0.jpg

I'll start this one off myself as well!

Winning Bid:$65 Taco

Closed

34.HOW TO MAKE A WOODEN FISHING NET Written by Alan Kloepper and Clive Schaupmeyer and donated by dryfly

Clive will mail the winner a copy of the book. See a description here:

http://netbook.shawwebspace.ca/

Winning Bid:$35 Gustuphson

Closed/color]

35. TROUTLOVER'S SWING AND CAST AND SWING with your playing partner/host/guide troutlover

More from Jared

"This auction is for 18 holes of golf at Boulder Creek Golf Course in Langdon, cart included, bidder must bring their own clubs. After a great day on the links we will have dinner at the club house on me and then we will take off our golf cleats and put on our waders and head to the Bow river for some night time skidbitchin fun till the wee hrs. of the morning. Bidder needs to supply their own fishing equipment i will supply the flies and the secret locations. This is a BIG day and requires the stamina of a jedi. Any skill level is welcome it is my pleasure to provide as much instruction as needed."

Winning Bid:$100 BigBowTrout

Closed

36. SPRINGTIME AT BULLSHEAD with your host/guide beehead

Beedhead will offer a guided trip to Bullshead Reservoir and show the winning bidders the secrets of spring success on this trophy lake. As someone who has been involved with this fishery from it's initial stocking and who has countless days of experience on this lake, Jeff will be happy to share the hot spots and hot flies, and will supply lunch! Winning bidders to provide their own transportation to Medicine Hat. Details to be worked out as mutually agreed. Also, if the winning bidder is from Calgary, I (rick) have some special Bullshead leeches I could part with!

Winning Bid:$300 Palemorningdunce

Closed

37. BRONSON AUTOMATIC REEL AND TED WILLIAMS ROD donated by dryfly

More from dryfly:

"This set is probably from the early 60s. The rod is classed with the old system and "In the early 1960’s the American Fishing Tackle Manufacturer’s Associations (AFTMA) created the system presently in use." The rod is in mint condition. It is a Triple-Crown "Ted Williams" signature rod, model 80-2 and it is ~8 foot long. It is classed as an HDH-HCF which should make it a 6-7 weight.

The automatic reels works well. The line is obviously old. While photographing, I found a flaw on the reel foot. It was obviously damaged and repaired. (See image in slide show.) It seems to have no affect on the functioning and the repair is solid.

I will not mail this item, so we will have to arrange a pickup somewhere."

Here is a slide show of the set.

Winning Bid:$50 Taco

Closed

38. SPEY CASTING LESSON donated by toolman

This is a 3 hr Spey Casting lesson on The Bow with toolman, Greg Allard. If you are new to Spey Casting, thinking about getting into it, or have been doing it for awhile and want to improve your skill, this lesson is perfect for you. Don't be surprised if at some point during the lesson you get to practice some fish handling as well.

Wining Bid:$200 Iasgair

Closed

39. SNOWBOARDING LESSONS donated by Brian M.

More from Brian:

"what I would offer is a 3 hour lesson for two people (adults or kids) with rentals and passes at Nakiska with an trained and certified snowboard instructor who has been teaching at Nakiska for 6 seasons. As this would not be affiliated with TUC at all, please just use my first name and first initial. Thanks.

This is for either a never-ever up to someone that is looking to get better at cruising down black diamond mogul runs in the glades. Any ability!

This is NOT transferable to another resort or to skiing lessons (rather than snowboarding). The lesson will be set on an agreed upon date next December.

From Rick: To give you an idea of the value of this unbelievable offer, the cost of the lift tickets, rental package, and 2, 3hr lessons for two adults would be $750!!

Thank you Brian!!

Winning Bid:$175 Troutlover

Closed

40 ASSORTED FLIES AND FLY BOXES tied and donated by Joe Neidermayer Joe is very active in TU and won the Bow River Chapter's Habitat Award in 2009!

This is actually 3 auctions, but the details are the same for each. Each fly set comes with the box. The winning bidder can either take the box and flies he/she bid on OR for an additional $10 donation, when the winner comes to pick up the flies he can exchange these flies for his favorite style/color. The total number of flies would remain the same. There are a LOT of flies to choose from tied by Joe!

Outside of box:

img00075201004141622.jpg

40a. 6 Letort hoppers with legs ( size 8 and 10 -3 each size- treated with hydrostop), 12 Terranasty (size 10 and 12- 3 green, 3 yellow each size), 7 Borger Polycaddis (size 16- various colors)

img00069201004141618.jpg

Hoppers

Terranasties and Polycaddis

Winning Bid:$50 brndawg

Closed

40b. 9 “Kelley Gallop” style articulated streamers- various colors (note: 2 hooks per fly)

img00073201004141620.jpg

Closeup of Streamer

Winning Bid:$25 Uberfly

Closed

40c. 15 Clouser Minnows (size 4 and 6) various colors

img00072201004141619.jpg

Current Bid:$40 Gustupshson

Closed

41. CHIRONOMID AND BRASSIE'S tied and donated by fishingfromayak

More from fishingfromayak:

I would like to put up for your auction a total of 3 dozen bead head brassies and chironomids all tied on size 12 and 14 Tiemco 2457 hooks.( 18 brassies and 18 chironomids )I will tie 1/2 with brass beads and 1/2 with tungsten beads.

Here is a testimonial from beedhead:

Hi Rick, Mike ties about 95% of all flies I use for all over AB, still waters, streams/Rivers, he sells his flies world wide with great success. I have been casting them for the last 3 years, andt hey are of top notch quality and creativity. He and I come up with some pretty awesome patterns. The Chironies he is offering work like a hot damn at Bullshead. The brassies are very, very nice as well, I had a great day on the crow, a couple weeks ago on Mike's Brassies...

So, I'll do this in two auctions, one for the brassies and one for the chronnies:

41a. 18 Chironomids:

(Note: chironomids have 4 bombers included so they will not be on 2457hooks but are tiemco 200r hooks)

010sa.jpg

Current Bid:$40 tibore

41b.18 Brassies

011mnt.jpg

Winning Bid: $40 Tibore

Closed

42. STILLWATER CUTTIE TRIP TO SMITH LAKE with your fishing partner Pipestonflyguy

More from Rob:

Up for Auction: Use of equipment for a day on Smith Lake !

This is intended for a flyangler who has not experienced the pleasure of surface fishing for cutthroat on an alpine lake from a belly boat. It is prohibitted for me to guide in a national park so the bidder must have already decided and planned on visiting Smith Lake this season (with myself, as two friends from the Fly Fish Calgary site). What you are bidding on is the usage of one of my belly boats, waders, flippers, net, life jacket and access to an assortment of proven flies for the day (including my "cuttybuddy" mosquito variant). Be aware there is a 1.2km uphill hike carrying your belly boat / gear on your back so a mild level of fitness is required(Auction includes the use of one of my backpacks suited for the belly boat if needed, I will also provide a 3-5wt rod if your one of those fellas with just a 6wt or higher for your normal fishing on the bow)

We will meet at the trailhead/parking lot on a mutually agreed upon date and remember your bidding on the gear only - my company (if you can tolerate it LOL !!!) is offered without condition, as collegues and friends sharing a common interest in flyfishing and members of the FFC site. (Smith is consistant and fun, but I am certainly open to discussion of other possible lakes with the winner) Please note that the winner is responsible for obtaining the Parks Fishing license (short term option exists) and vehicle Park Pass themselves.

Winning bid:$75 McLeod

Closed

7. "I LIKE CAKE" by moderator, general troublemaker, and now chef BigBowTrout

More info from Chris:

"I would like to offer a BIGBOWTROUT CAKE SPECIAL. I will bake a cake of the winning bidders choice (I don't bake but how hard can it be). I will hand deliver the cake to almost anywhere in Alberta within reason and as long as there is good fishing close by"

Now I guess we need someone to donate a pie to settle the debate once and for all!

Winning Bid:$45 LoyalEddie

9. "WHO WANTS CAKE WHEN YOU CAN HAVE PIE" brought to you byUberfly

Oh, it's on now! The debate can finally be settled.

More info from Peter:

"I'll bake the pie (but can't guarantee I will be available to deliver - but we'll figure that out later)... Also, I will only bake one based on what seasonal fruit is available at that particular point in time (i.e. may not have a choice on what kind of pie - I will guarantee that it will be freshly baked and 100% homemade - including crust)"

From Rickr:If Pete can't deliver the pie, I can anywhere from Edmonton to Southern Alberta as long as the winner is willing to work with me on dates. And fishing locations.

Winning Bid:$50.00 Tightline

43. BOW JET BOAT TRIP, PART 2! with host/guide Tungsten

More info from Mike:

"This trip is for up to 3 anglers,winning bidder picks the trip. Runoff or night time full moon float or daytime, anywhere on the Bow that allows a Jet Boat. I am not a guide, just a guy who likes to fish!"

From Rickr: Though any trip would be good, anyone who has not experienced browns nuking big streamers against the bank during runoff or the sound of your hopper being destroyed by a big rainbow in the pitch black would do well to think about this trip!! [/b][/i][/color]

Winning Bid: $350 Invermereangler:

44. FLIES AND FLYBOXES donated by Icky Fly Works

We will run this as two separate auctions. Both come with the boxes shown and in both cases Icky Fly Works will match the winning bid with an equal donation to Streamwatch, up to $100/auction. Many thanks to Icky Fly Works for this donation!

44a. 28 salmon/steelhead flies and a flybox. Included are 4 each of silver hilton, black stoat tail, silver doctor, blue charm, green butt skunk, black skunk, and garry dog. All are size #6 and tied on Mustad’s.

salmonsteelbottom.jpg

salmonstellfull.jpg

Winning Bid:$40 PGK

44b. Proprietor’s reserve flybox filled with 48 flies (24 patterns with 2 each) that are not yet available through our store but are great producers on Alberta streams. Included patterns are micro leeches, Vladi nymphs, tungstuds, pickpockets, Klinkhamer’s and many more.

auctionbbottom.jpg

auctionbtop.jpg

Full Image

Winning Bid:$100 Gustuphson

45. THE SCRATCH ANOTHER SPECIES OFF THE BUCKET LIST TRIP...DOLLY VARDEN EXCURSION with hostGustuphson

More info from Angus:

"I will take the successful bidder, once we agree on a date that works for both of us, to a lake where I've caught Dolly Varden (there are also some willing cutties and great views). I will provide transportation to and from Calgary, lunch and flies (I can provide the remaining equipment if necessary as well). I will carry in a belly boat for the successful bidder to use if they like (you will need to provide your own waders...). The hike is approximately 10 KM round trip and involves an elevation gain of about 1,000 ft - I would rate it a moderate hike and am not in good enough shape to carry anyone."

Winning Bid: $100 Drbulltrout :

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Folks........

There are still a few unpaid items........Please make your payments to Stream Watch through Trout Unlimited as soon as possible...........Also, please , if you haven't done so, contact the donor(s) of any auction items you have purchased and make arrangments...........Thanks again for all your support.........

• 6 months later...

Hey BBT!

I just wanted to let you know that I baked (and delivered) my pies (yes, as in plural) this past Saturday for tightline's (American) Thanksgiving celebration!

I baked 2 (gluten free) "Maple" Pumpkin pies!! They were delish!

Hey LoyalEddie!! Better get that whip cracked on Chris before next years auction! LoL

P

Winners and Payment Status

7. I Like Cake from BBT: LoyalEddie Paid

9. I Like Pie from Uberfly: TightlinePaid