Fly Fusion Forums

Floating The Bow

Hey, on thursday at about 10 am i seen someone floating just past glenmore bridge, I'm assuming you pushed off at glenmore, was wondering if you had much luck, and where you floated too. Also just for all of the newbies here, I was wondering if you pros could fill in some info for the rest of us.

How long is the float from glenmore to 22x, time and kilometers

How long is the float from 22x to policemans

How long is the float from policemans to mackinnon

also, any word yet as to wether policemans is open up to mackinnon yet? I know there is a post regarding a similar topic but I'm not sure where it is, thanks alot guys.

"I seen"!! Really!! <--poke--<<--poke--<

LoL

P

Hey, on thursday at about 10 am i seen someone floating just past glenmore bridge, I'm assuming you pushed off at glenmore, was wondering if you had much luck, and where you floated too. Also just for all of the newbies here, I was wondering if you pros could fill in some info for the rest of us.

How long is the float from glenmore to 22x, time and kilometers

How long is the float from 22x to policemans

How long is the float from policemans to mackinnon

also, any word yet as to wether policemans is open up to mackinnon yet? I know there is a post regarding a similar topic but I'm not sure where it is, thanks alot guys.

Just got an email from Bow River Shuttles. They do reports in the spring and take pics of each launch, and you can get them by signing up on their site.

Dear Clients and Contacts,

We decided to make our annual early March tour of the boat launches. Please see photos below.

Monday March 01 was very sunny. Tuesday March 02 was very foggy.

The boat launches at Graves Landing/Glenmore Trail and Policeman’s Flats are good to go.

As in past years, I imagine the gate at the top of the access road to the Fish Creek boat launch will remain locked until the very last snowflake on that road has melted. Liability issues, I’ve been told.

I was a bit surprised to see open water at McKinnon Flats. However, we’ve since been advised by Dave & Amelia Jensen (Fly Fish Alberta) that the river is open from Policeman’s Flats to McKinnon Flats. They floated (fishing raft) and fished that reach last weekend. See photo and link below.

"I seen"!! Really!! <--poke--<<--poke--<

LoL

P

lol it was the first drift I've seen this year and I didn't know people started up this early, my brother in law and I floated for the first time mid january and it was -16 and fruitless, but fun none the less.

That's better! ;)

Float times have been listed previously on this site, so if you do a search you should be able to find it...

P

lol it was the first drift I've seen this year and I didn't know people started up this early, my brother in law and I floated for the first time mid january and it was -16 and fruitless, but fun none the less.

Fish Creek Park is still open (until 1800) only the boat launch is locked during the day (for the winter)... For a float you can still park in the lot and carry your 'toon to the river. Just make sure you get back to pick up your car before they lock the gate @1800, unless you use or do your own shuttle.

You can float Fish Creek to Police in 3 - 4 hrs depending on how often you stop... Easy peasy!

P

where would you float from to get to policemans while fish creek is closed/locked off? im interested in doing a short float tomorrow with pontoons where would be the best spot to float from to go to policemans?

Park Gates: Fish Creek Provincial Park gates open at 8:00 a.m. every day of the year. Closing hour varies with the time of year but generally coincides with darkness. The following are the park opening and closing times throughout the year.

March 1 - September 15 08:00 - 22:00 (10:00 p.m.) Spring/Summer

September 16 - October 30 08:00 - 20:00 (8:00 p.m.) Fall

October 31 - February 28 08:00 - 18:00 (6:00 p.m.) Winter

http://tpr.alberta.ca/parks/fishcreek/servfac.asp

Thanks Marc, I stand corrected! I didn't realize they (the gates) stayed open until 2200 on March 1.

Thanks,

P

Park Gates: Fish Creek Provincial Park gates open at 8:00 a.m. every day of the year. Closing hour varies with the time of year but generally coincides with darkness. The following are the park opening and closing times throughout the year.

March 1 - September 15 08:00 - 22:00 (10:00 p.m.) Spring/Summer

September 16 - October 30 08:00 - 20:00 (8:00 p.m.) Fall

October 31 - February 28 08:00 - 18:00 (6:00 p.m.) Winter

http://tpr.alberta.ca/parks/fishcreek/servfac.asp