Fly Fusion Forums

Canadians Number 1 In Helping Haiti

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

It is nice to have positive news in the world even if it is as a result of a natural disaster. People everywhere are donating.

Anyone donating should be congratulated on helping make a difference. With luck and international focus where it can do actual good...hopefully Haiti is on their way to change rather than obscurity.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2495077

Bill Clinton is always praising Canada, he must have some hot chicks stashed somewhere "up here".

I've often thought that disaster relief under the bureaucratic and useless umbrella of the United Nations should be separated and one country designated as the world-wide disaster coordinator. That nation would organize other nation's emergency response resources and "standby units" in every hemisphere would rotate annually. I am absolutely convinced that Canada would make one helluva "World Disaster Coordinator".

j

As well as being the 'World Leader' in 'Bleeding Hearts', in being a 'government' who allows outsiders [immigrants] to change the way things are to suit their pathetic ways, ... what happen to the saying that says it all.."When in Rome..do as the Romans do"!!

..as far as saving the isle of Haiti, just remember all the lives that were lost by this country of Canada during the fighting that went on in there..."Least we Forget"! Is it NOT written : "God helps those that Helps themselves first!"

As well as being the 'World Leader' in 'Bleeding Hearts', in being a 'government' who allows outsiders [immigrants] to change the way things are to suit their pathetic ways, ... what happen to the saying that says it all.."When in Rome..do as the Romans do"!!

..as far as saving the isle of Haiti, just remember all the lives that were lost by this country of Canada during the fighting that went on in there..."Least we Forget"! Is it NOT written : "God helps those that Helps themselves first!"

Alright Wolfie! Score one for the Fox News, Bill O'Reilly, and Pat Robertson brigade! Yes!

:rolleyes:

Smitty

[Oh! Oh! Oh! Noticed the Biblical reference! Can we pretty please get into this. C'mon, I'll reply to yours:

Blessed are the merciful,

for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure of heart,

for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,

for they shall be called children of God.

Now, a suggestion for a reply; use the Old Testament - God was much more angry and vengeful in that book. Something about floods and pairs of animals]

Wolfie,

I don't know what to say to that. Anyone who could think about what is going on in Haiti and say "God helps those who help themselves".... perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but if I'm not, that is more than a little sad. I don't know any details of Canadian soldiers in Haiti. But my bet is they went in to help the people of Haiti in a time of need. That is sort of what Canada is known for, to it's immense credit. I would hope the families of any soldier who lost their lives there would want to help Haiti again in another time of great need.

I have gladly given, gov't matched, and my company matched. My wife has given as well. I don't know if the money I gave will help, but the thought that it might is all I need.

Alright Wolfie! Score one for the Fox News, Bill O'Reilly, and Pat Robertson brigade! Yes!

:rolleyes:

Smitty

[Oh! Oh! Oh! Noticed the Biblical reference! Can we pretty please get into this. C'mon, I'll reply to yours:

Blessed are the merciful,

for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure of heart,

for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,

for they shall be called children of God.

Now, a suggestion for a reply; use the Old Testament - God was much more angry and vengeful in that book. Something about floods and pairs of animals]

Forgot to add Rush Limbaugh. Otherwise I think you nailed it.

Were you drunk when you typed this?

Clinton needs to get his figures right, I noticed that a total amount of 9 million was raised in Canada and doubled by your government. We (The Dutch) raised 58 million which is also doubled by oer government. It seems Clinton has the same problem as Gore has with figures.

58 million what? I think we automatically divide your monetary amounts by 10. ;)

Here is a list I found that breaks it down by country, as of last Tuesday. I am in no way saying this list is accurate. From The Guardian (so maybe the English have problems with math as well).

Dontations by Country

In the end however, who cares who gave the much? Charity is a personal thing. We should give what we can according to our ability, regardless of what country we are in.

58 million USD by telethon, which will be doubled by the government. :o

And I agree, any gift is equally worthy, as it is given by heart.

Now I only hope it is getting to the right place, after all there are still funds in bankaccounts, which were donated for relief aid after the tsunami and have not been used so far.

Guest Sundancefisher
58 million USD by telethon, which will be doubled by the government. :o

And I agree, any gift is equally worthy, as it is given by heart.

Now I only hope it is getting to the right place, after all there are still funds in bankaccounts, which were donated for relief aid after the tsunami and have not been used so far.

I believe this quote was early on in the donation drive.

That being said...Canadians on a whole are a lot more generous towards this particular situation that the Netherlands based upon rickr link.

Total donated Donation per capita

Canada $131,334,434 $3.912

Netherlands $4,329,004 $0.261

WORLD TOTAL $2,022,702,837 $0.296

If this is a competition...by all means...kick our collective butts !

As for unused funds...these aid organizations always use these disasters to raise as much money as possible and there are no guarantees that the money will all go to Haiti. That does not bother me as there is always a disaster to follow...