Fly Fusion Forums

How To Turn A $62000 Investment

Taco,

Sell it in Montana! At least that was the deal a few years ago when the US was short diesel vehicles and you could actually make $ on selling a used diesel vehicle down there... Not sure if it is the same situation these days...

But as I'm sure you (and everyone else) is/are well aware - vehicles are a "depreciating" asset!!

P

buy a new diesel pickup

Taco,

Sell it in Montana! At least that was the deal a few years ago when the US was short diesel vehicles and you could actually make $ on selling a used diesel vehicle down there... Not sure if it is the same situation these days...

But as I'm sure you (and everyone else) is/are well aware - vehicles are a "depreciating" asset!!

P

That was back when we had a 60 cent dollar. Buy a new Canadian diesel, drive it for 6 months and 5-6000 km, sell in the States for US $, convert back to CDN $ and make about 7-10% on your money. Nowadays, with the Manufacturer's incentives we have, when you factor in everything the price of diesel pickups is roughly the same both sides of the Line. I know, I checked.

The only way (IMHO) to get value from any vehicle is to buy 'em 3 or 4 yrs old and drive em for 10

Normally I agree with you and I was looking for one but right now with the incentives, for a couple/3 more grand over a 2 yr old low Km used diesel, I bought a new 09 for 14 grand off list price but in 4 yrs when it's paid for, it'll have should have about 250,000 km. If it turns out to be a good truck I'll mile the SOB out. The one I just parked is @ 450,000Km

"$62,000 Investment?"

Taco, as I tell my wife when she wants to "invest" in new window coverings or something equally useless, it is an "expenditure" not an "investment." Investing is when you buy $62,000 worth of Nortel shares, and you know what they're worth right now -- at least you got to drive your "investment/expenditure." :lol: Terry

Too true Terry, @ the very least I get to depreciate it and I don't get paid if I can't get to the job. The post is more about a person of Dutch extraction pissin' and moanin', you shoulda heard me when I sold @ auction a 3 yr old NH combine for 25% of what I paid.

Nice truck though.... Rickr won't think he's havin' it so tough the next time I take him fishin'....................

I guess just keep the garden shed full of beer cans for retirement.

Maybe the deposit will increase by the time you are ready to cash them in.

That seems like a gamble too...

If they put a dime deposit on timmie's cups I got it made...................

Or I could keep stockpiling those dog skins...

This year again there is a Bounty in Newell County of $20- + whatever the skin fetches. Not bad considering they have mostly ended up as fertilizer for the past few years. Might be worth it.

However it would be a tough way to make the payment on a $62k diesel p/u.

This year again there is a Bounty in Newell County of $20- + whatever the skin fetches. Not bad considering they have mostly ended up as fertilizer for the past few years. Might be worth it.

However it would be a tough way to make the payment on a $62k diesel p/u.

No kidding, maybe back in the 70's when skins were worth something and I used to get 30-40/winter. A family friend from Siksika used to have a pack of 'yote dogs and he'd get enough pelts to buy a new pickup every spring... of course after a winter of dog runnin' he needed a new pickup every spring.

Don't worry, think about all those people driving escalades around and such. Unless you're rediculously over paid, nobody can really afford it. What I'd do is give it back, get something smaller maybe. Depending what brand you like, ford and chev, gmc too, have some great deals on pickups for under 30k.