Fly Fusion Forums

Censorship

It isn't censorship if you waive your right to freedom of speech which essentially what you do when you sign up to be a member of most any discussion board. What is acceptable is entirely in the eyes of the few who have the power to make those decisions. I moderate a number of other discussion boards and regularly get called out about censorship and freedom of speech violations. Sorry, that's not how it is in the land of discussion boards. A PM regarding why your post/thread was removed might be enlightening but again, that's up to the ones that hold those powers. I can say it's kind of funny to have the shoe on the other foot though and have one of my posts removed when I'm usually the one slapping wrists, deleting posts and banning spammers...

This site has let rants and raves get to the point where names and phone numbers are posted for all to see while a vigilante squad rallied troops....in another thread someone makes a joke at the expense of a clothing brand and is immediately shut down. Seems it's who you are more than what you type in here.

Well I think Avalanche is essentially correct, the forum does belong to the operators. I am not a fan of censorship myself, really, who is?

But you agree to play by the rules when you sign up.

As for the other issue that Pythagoras highlighted, yes, no doubt there is inconsistency. My only 2 cents is to say that hey (1) the mods are human, (2) and, once more, its tough volunteer work. It really is.

Couple of times I've raised my eyebrows, but I thent ry to remember the countless hours that goes into making this board work. Lots of strong minded, well intentioned, intelligent people here. (not sarcasm... :))

Smitty