Fly Fusion Forums

My 2009 Season

Heimdallr

Well, as I've actually begun to visit this board more and more the last month or so I figure it's about time I had something to contribute.

After spending the last several days writing essays I figured it was finally time to make my first trip out on April 16. Armed with my Darth Vader Pez Dispenser, a mix CD, and the obligatory fishing gear I hit Hansen's Reservoir and Stauffer for a fishless first day.

HansensSign.jpg

HansensWater.jpg

StainbrookSign.jpg

I then spent June mostly fishing on Sylvan with nothing really of note happening.

At the end of June I went camping with a good buddy of mine and we fished the Clearwater and Phyllis Lake...again with nothing really spectacular.

This is starting to sound terrible isn't it?

At the beginning of July I was up in the Peace Country visiting my parents and going to my cousins wedding so I checked out Spring Lake near Hythe a few times.

DSCF2395-1.jpg

DSCF2364.jpg

DSCF2397.jpg

I also found this large dying Rainbow covered in some kind of tumors.

DSCF2390.jpg

On July 17 I hit up Birch Lake for some Brookie action and was not disappointed.

DSCF2434.jpg

I kept this one for the pan. It tasted a bit muddy, but hell, it was the heat of the summer.

P7171376.jpg

On the 25th I went hiking the South Ram with my girlfriend and manage a couple of Cutts and a Brown at Elk Creek on the way home.

P7251417.jpg

P7251472.jpg

The month of August, looking back, seems to be mostly inconsequential other than a brief afternoon trip to Spring Lake again.

DSCF2551.jpg

DSCF2541.jpg

Looking back it seems my adventures didn't really pick up until September. No wonder it didn't feel like I got enough fishing in. Unfortunately, I was away from home working a lot and sometimes that's just how she does I guess.

I hit the Bighorn River on September 1st and manage to hook into some decent Cutties for the Bighorn averaging around 14".

P9011889.jpg

P9011868.jpg

P9011864.jpg

On September 10 I visited a beautiful little meadow creek teeming with Cutthroats.

DSCF2593.jpg

DSCF2602.jpg

DSCF2610.jpg

DSCF2605.jpg

DSCF2607.jpg

My next Adventure was on the 13th to the North Ram where I had a blast hooking into fat as hell Cutties. The biggest of the day was an 18" hog of Cutt.

DSCF2625.jpg

DSCF2631.jpg

P9131942.jpg

DSCF2636.jpg

I revisited the North Ram on the 22nd and had just as good if not a better day with the largest fish hitting 20". I woke up and my glands were swollen and my head hurt. I had a fever. My girlfriend finally passed her diabolical illness onto me. But it was one of my fishing day and there was no way I was letting a little sickness get in the way. Especially after what a good time I had on the Ram last time.

DSCF2665.jpg

DSCF2675.jpg

BigCuttie2.jpg

I actually missed a trip at the end of August where I took my Mom to the Bighorn River and to a small Cuttie stream. It was nice to actually have a photographer with me for once.

P8271728-1.jpg

P8271735.jpg

P8271736.jpg

P8271751.jpg

P8271752.jpg

P8271760.jpg

P8271769.jpg

P8271776-1.jpg

P8271779-1.jpg

P8271824-1.jpg

I think this brings me to October and I have no doubt missed a few trips. October is already shaping up to be a decent month so I think I'll give it it's own topic. Nothing too amazing this year, but a lot of fish, a fair bit of decent sized ones and tons of new water explored. I've definitely enjoyed it.

Some sweet pics there, Heimdallr. That's a beauty cutt in the pics from the N. Ram on the 22nd; looks like someone erased most of his spots!

Thanks for not just posting the bigguns; the little guys are gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing!