Fly Fusion Forums

Live And Learn

Birddog

Went out Sunday to the Highwood with my brand new sage fly rod, fished for a few hours hooked some smaller trout and we decided to head up to another stretch, as we got back to the truck I decided not to break my rod apart and left it in the back of the truck drove up about 20 minutes got out and saw that my tip was boken about a foot down, not the brightest thing ive ever done, always break down the rod if youre traveling, i guess thats why they give you carrying cases and tubes.

AL

I had a well known guide in Port Alberni all flustered and out of sorts when I would break my rod down prior to bushwhacking. The difference between what he knew and what I knew was about 25 years of experience and in the case of not breaking down a rod for travel, bad experience. It takes less than a minute to put a rod together and then re-string it. It appears most of us like to learn the hard way.

Having spent many years with "Take care of your stuff, your stuff will take care of you." being permanently implanted in my skull, "warranty" is not a consideration. I really hate having to bend over backwards to kick myself in the butt for my own stupidity or laziness.

Nothing is handier for bush-whacking as two of those wide, blue rubber bands that my bride saves from the vegetable bundles from Safeway. Line/leader stays strung, four-piece or two-piece, folded, rubber bands on both ends, no muss, no fuss.

j

Wow that's service!!

Just the top?

That's strange, I thought Sage requires the connecting butt to fit the ferule. What Kind of break was it?

Maybe I heard wrong about this since I have never had to warranty any of my sage rods.

Can any of you sage warranty guys confirm this?

Both times I've broke a Sage, they only asked that I send in six inches of the broken section containing the ferrule(male or female). I assume to check the ID/OD for a correct fit with the remaining peice. Four piece would be different, probably just send the whole broken section in and call it good.