Fly Fusion Forums

Morning Spey Class On Saturday 19th September

speyghillie

Hi Guys,

I will be in Calgary running a morning Speycasting Class on Saturday the 19th September, the morning class will be limited to 6 students and will cover a number of different Speycasts for Single and Double handed rods.

I will have the Award winning Trout rods from Sharpe's of Aberdeen and Double handed rods from the Mackenzie range, designed by three times world champion Scott Mackenzie, for the guys to try, as well as a number of products from Scierra.

The cost for the morning Spey class is $100.00 per person.

My class will be sponsored by a new company in Canada, www.canadianflyfisher.net

Please send me a PM if you would like to join the class for the Saturday morning.

Thanks Gordon.

God Damn it gord, you have to come in while I am at work, I shake my fist at you...... And remeber Speyghillie know crap about spey fishing, still have the photo and still waiting for the right momment to use it.

But on a side note, this is well worth it for anyone that is intrested in learning some spey stuff single or double and gordy and scott are excellent teachers.

Cheers Max,

Looking forward to hooking up on the Saturday Morning.

Mr Bhurt.... sir, that pic is between us, and i am sure i have something on you...........mmmmm o yes i remember. <--poke--<

On a side note i will have Scott Mackenzie's range of rods and just waiting on the new Scandi rods from Scierra in 12ft , hopefully they will be with me this week.

See ya then Max.

Only got three spots left.

Cheers Gordo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Guy's,

Still got one spot left for this Saturdays morning Speyclass at Southland dog park at 9am.

For the guys that are coming to collect there fly boxes, if i'm not in the carpark i will be down at the bridge.

Cheers Gordon.

Pleasure meeting up with you Gordo..glad you were taken by Nikita, she is quite friendly for a 'girl'..hehe..

was impressed with your spey casting, we watched you switched hands..from right to left..lot of practice for sure, as 'Toolman' says..quote: after a 1,000 hours you get good..but what does he know..he has a hard time saying that word..

..impressed with the fly box m8, and maybe we will discuss more on that 'bottle' from the motherland after your trip in Canada..till then thank you again and have a successful trip/fishing in BC................................Wolfie

I had a blast there trying out all of the Scott Mckenzine DTX rods, I loved the 12 foot 8weight rod it was a blast, wish gordie had some of the 13 foot 8 weights as they were diffently my fav (Cast them when Scott was in town)

The 15 foot 12 weight was also a blast to cast, like gord said sometimes you just want to open up and bomb casts to the other side of the river, how true.

I was also good to put a face to Daneil (Wolfie) and to meet Deb (Flyfisherwomen)

Hopefully there will be more of these rods avabile soon, that way I can cover up everything with loop stickers (lol, j/k gordie knows what I am talking about)

The best part of the day was when Gord was giving max a hard time and kept on telling him to give more power to the cast, then when gordie picked up the rod it was now his turn to give it to gordie, had me in stiches the whole time.

Hey Mr Bhurt,

Good to meet up with you and all the guys, Max knows i was just having fun, like its meant to be.

Hope to have some 13ft DTX rods in the next few weeks, but at the rate there selling in the UK, i cant even get one myself.......so you'll have to wait, gives you time to sell some of those other rods. :D and buy a real Spey rod desgined by a real Speycaster.

Got to fly.