Fly Fusion Forums

Why We/alberta Need(s) Some Type Of Reform..

These picks were taken on last Tues at a very popular river that is in the Bear highway.. and with another RANDOM Camping spot only a short distance away...

Just sad ...

IMGP0001-10.jpg

IMGP0003-10.jpg

IMGP0004-9.jpg

IMGP0005-6.jpg

I have seen stuff in third world countries that do not rival this...

QUOTE (rickr @ Aug 10 2009, 09:18 PM) *

At the slight risk of looking more ignorant than usual, I'm going to admit:

I don't have the lightest idea what I'm looking at here.

Glad I wasn't the only one.

It is a random camping site that was left like this, skull and a hip bone and backbone of a cow I think, still has meat on it, those scrapings on the tree are from humans.. and there is Watermelon left in the campfire, tinfoil around the tree and somebody made a table between the trees and it was covered with food stuff..

The people in the next campsite have a small dog, and kids toys out side of the camper..

It is probably my way of desensitizing you all to the mess that is out there in your/my provinces wilderness, so you will not be so pissed off next time you visit to see some nature or go for a nice hike along the quad trail in the river and along its banks..

Oppps that was my inside voice..

Sorry it is late, my bad...

Gotcha now.

But that ain't nothin' compared to what's out there. Shoulda taken a pic of the last permanent latrine I saw still standing after the fine folks had left - about...er....20 yards from the creek. Don't be drinking that water.

This is a big issue that's been going on for years and years...and nothing surprises me anymore. Some people just think nature is their God given right to enjoy and abuse...and as long as nobody does anything about it (ie enforcement) it'll continue and get worse. Thems the facts of life.