Fly Fusion Forums

Crowsnest

proflytyer

went to the pass for 3 days again to fish. i had tons of fun and was suprised 5 times by catching brown trout. they were on the small side but still non the less better than catching the usal bow. cought many small bows and had fun doing it but the weather ended my fun on saterday night and most of sunday. i was able to fish sunday late afternoon and was rewarded with a 16 inch beaut from the upper crow. hope you all enjoy the pics as much as i do.

post-2100-1249920158.jpg

post-2100-1249920164.jpg

Cool stuff! Love the little crowsnest browns, there not that purty IMHO until they get big.

One of my very first few fish on the crow was an absolute hawg brown that could have gone on any magazine cover it was so pretty :)

Matter of fact it's still the only brown over 20" I've ever landed on the crow.

Love the pics tho looks like there eating terrestrials pretty good :)

schweet dude!!!! ive seen some nice browns below teh falls! had a buddy slay a nice one lastyear! did you get any of those browns above the falls by any chance? ive only heard of halfdozen taken above? just curious more than anything!? congrats either way!

cool! me n my boss have bin trippin over this! the big thing that gets me going is were did they come from? and were are the big spawning browns? i didnt think htey had em in crowsnest lake.. and i dont know of any trib or lake that runs out and into teh upper crow that has browns.... my only guess is someone is bucketing em in or they can make it up teh falls.. any info would be great!?

cool! me n my boss have bin trippin over this! the big thing that gets me going is were did they come from? and were are the big spawning browns? i didnt think htey had em in crowsnest lake.. and i dont know of any trib or lake that runs out and into teh upper crow that has browns.... my only guess is someone is bucketing em in or they can make it up teh falls.. any info would be great!?

ya i got all the browns (5 so far) above the falls near coleman

also i talked to one of the guys in the fly shop about where browns come from and he said that he has seen fish get up the falls. also he said that a hatchery on one of the creeks going into the crow had brown trout. he said alot of fry were lost for some reason and that is also maybe why there are browns in crow.

also i talked to one of the guys in the fly shop about where browns come from and he said that he has seen fish get up the falls. also he said that a hatchery on one of the creeks going into the crow had brown trout. he said alot of fry were lost for some reason and that is also maybe why there are browns in crow.

I had said there was the possibility of trout getting over the falls as I had witnessed one (brown) get to within a foot or so of the top of the falls. If a trout can get that far it is possible for trout to get over. The brood trout station at Allison had a loss of fish around 84 or 85. They lost browns and brookies. A number of them were caught by students in 86. A subsequent project in 87 caught none. It seems strange that this year there are a number of 5" browns being caught upstream of Coleman. Are browns spawning? Or did they get there in some other fashion?

Last summer I got a 12" brown under the railway bridge just above the falls. This winter one of my buddies caught one about 14" in the Burmis area.

talked to Vic about it a few weeks ago. said he's had friends get them to 15 or so inches above the falls, and in all diff age classes. A mix of browns and bows developing in the Crow over the next decade or so will be awesome! BTW, I've got two small browns in 7 days of crow fishing this year (both below the falls).

Those falls are pretty big. I have doubts about anough browns making it over Lundbreck to begin a viable population, but I'm not saying it isn't possible. I'm just more likely to believe in hatchery escapies, or illegal stocking, theories. Cool to hear all the experiences of people catching them upstream, though!

Nick

Beedhead,

Im dissapointed in you. Your pictures do not show enough background to allow me to go chase that fine specimen this week :)

Im gonna be around the crow all week I hope I see a brown of that size above the falls!

awesome pics. I had some time this week I woulda joined you ya bum. Had an epic day on it last tues (or wed or thurs cant remember now Im gettin old)

Beedhead,

Im dissapointed in you. Your pictures do not show enough background to allow me to go chase that fine specimen this week :)

Im gonna be around the crow all week I hope I see a brown of that size above the falls!

awesome pics. I had some time this week I woulda joined you ya bum. Had an epic day on it last tues (or wed or thurs cant remember now Im gettin old)

We shall hook up one day in that spot,(Im damn sure you bin there, no doubt!!) perhaps this fall???...That spot I got the Browns, Is a spot I have always wanted to fish...I finally got a chance to fish it for a small while, and I was happy....Got some Bow's too...

Cheers...Jeff..