Fly Fusion Forums

Invincible Lake

ÜberFly

When all the guide books state "No Trail" they mean it (this time)!!

An epic trip. Fishing was great with many, many good sized cutties to hand both days! I won't give specific #'s but trust me, if you make the effort you will be rewarded!!

Enjoy,

Peter

dscf0010a.jpg, dscf0008l.jpg, dscf0014u.jpg, dscf0034b.jpg, dscf0016dpe.jpg, dscf0018jqp.jpg

Steve,

It's only 7 km, but it took us 5 1/2 hours in with full packs (as I mentioned, there is no trail and that burnt out slope has a ton of logs to climb over), with day packs probably closer to 4 hrs. This trip IS NOT for the inexperienced!! If you do not have route finding skills you will get lost!

P

Great pics, Peter! Well, except for the one of you wearing shorts, tights, & sandals with socks....WTF? :eek:

Great looking dog ya got there. How long is the trek?

You could probably do it as a day trip when the days are longer (beginning/mid July) with a very early start. FYI, random camping is not allowed in PLPP...

P

QUOTE (Suntoucher @ Aug 9 2009, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the report. I was contemplating on making that hike a good day trip, sounds like it will be an overnighter.

Great pics, Peter! Well, except for the one of you wearing shorts, tights, & sandals with socks....WTF? :eek:

Great looking dog ya got there. How long is the trek?

lol-2.gif...I was going to say...Great.11010549.gif.now I don't feel so bad cause that is my clothing as well...........Wolfie

lol-2.gif...I was going to say...Great.11010549.gif.now I don't feel so bad cause that is my clothing as well...........Wolfie

Yeah, Peter knows I'm just kiddin'; it ain't a fashion show, is it? That outfit is from the "Utilitarian Collection"; it's what works for what you're doing!

Any "True" outdoors person, (read, non-RVing or gorbie type) knows the score!! ;)

P

P.S. Steve, I thought I was making a fashion statement!!

Yeah, Peter knows I'm just kiddin'; it ain't a fashion show, is it? That outfit is from the "Utilitarian Collection"; it's what works for what you're doing!