Fly Fusion Forums

Pinks And Sea Run Cutties

ggp

Over the past several weeks I have been waiting in anticipation, of a large run of Pink Salmon (I have heard this story over and over for the past several years, only to be disapointed by the actual numbers that return) And as a member of the Oyster River Enhancement Society which is a volunteer salmon hatchery dedicated to the preservation of Salmon in the Oyster River watershed, it has been quite sobering to see this decline. In the past I have not seen many anglers release their catch, so that these fish may continue their journey to the spawning grounds, however this year I am pleased to see more and more people doing just that!!...Good On Them :clap: Sport fishers are by no means the largest contributor to this decline, but it sure is nice to see some doing their part in the survival of these magnificent and extremely important fish...Anyway, to make a long story short, there seems to be a good return so far this year!! Here are a few pic's.

P1060835.jpg

P1060855.jpg

P1060878.jpg

P1060884.jpg

P1060890.jpg

P1020200.jpg

P1020199.jpg

Sea Run Cutties

P1060746.jpg

captureframefromVideo2009.jpg

Guest Jeremie

Hey gary, how are the pinks around that area right abouts now? Are there good numbers in the rivers? Im heading there in 6 days and im hoping it will be good!

Thanks!

Hey gary, how are the pinks around that area right abouts now? Are there good numbers in the rivers? Im heading there in 6 days and im hoping it will be good!

Thanks!

Jeremie the Campbell has some fish, but because the river is very low and warm due to a prolonged hot spell, there are not as many as previous years. We need some cooler weather and rain to get the fish moving. If you are willing to fish the beaches in the area, I am quite sure you will be rewarded.

Guest Jeremie

There is quite a bit of rain in the forecast for this next week so im hoping that will push more fish in. Im going up with a first time fly caster so i doubt fly fishing from the beach will really be an option. We have a cabin on the river that we are renting. So im almost down on my knees prayinh for the pinks.

Thanks gary!

Jeremie