Fly Fusion Forums

Bow River Brown Trout

daxlarsen

Hi, i caught this 22" brown trout without casting lol i stepped in the water off shore and my san juan hit the water and the brown took it about 3' away from me while i was lighting a cigarette, and then we battled for about 10-15 minutes lol also, this happens to be the biggest trout i've LANDED so far.

post-3207-1248629550.jpg

I want to catch more browns, i seem to always get rainbows. Can you gear your tactics towards browns or is it just luck?

I generally catch alot more rainbows than browns. although from my experience there are a few things you can do to increase your brown strikes, for example, browns seem to be alot more aggresive than rainbows and therefore i assume using large rainbow and browntrout streamers would increas the amount of browns you catch. also from my limited experience, i find i catch alot more brown trout in the evening, and rainbows tend to be caught all day. hope this helps but i'm nowhere near an expert lol

I am the guy that took the photo for you with your phone. Hawgstoppah and myself thought it was sure funny with the way in which you caught the Brown. No matter how hard Brian tried your technique (likes the odd cig) or a few of his own- he was unable to entice a Brown on the end of his line <--poke--< .

I am the guy that took the photo for you with your phone. Hawgstoppah and myself thought it was sure funny with the way in which you caught the Brown. No matter how hard Brian tried your technique (likes the odd cig) or a few of his own- he was unable to entice a Brown on the end of his line <--poke--< .

Oh cool, thanks for letting me know about this site, and thanks for taking the great pic, i owe you one as none of my friends would have beleived me haha