Fly Fusion Forums

The Week That Was...

acurrie

So i had a stretch of days off this week and spent most of the time on the water and camping in Southern Alberta. It was a great week all and all. Notched a few more milestones on the Belt: Got my wife to join in on the fishing and she slammed a few Cutties on the Dry Fly as well as a huge ass whitefish. Managed to FINALLY land a Bull trout, and not just 1 but 3!! I didn't get a pic of the first but it was about 26" and 6 lbs, the second was a dink and the Third was... well, it was huge. The 3rd Bull Probably measured at least 30" (guess) and weighed at least 10-12lbs. the Pictures speak for themselves, enjoy!

I need to thank all the people on the board who have given me advice when fishing for Bulls, cause it worked!

PikeatClearlake001.jpg

Big ass Bully:

PikeatClearlake006.jpg

Can you see the tail of the Cutty in his mouth? seemed like he swallowed it whole!

PikeatClearlake008.jpg

The Wife with a nice Cutt:

PikeatClearlake019-2.jpg

She picked up casting like Bike riding, in about 10 minutes!

PikeatClearlake015.jpg

Big Ass Whitefish:

PikeatClearlake011.jpg

Trying to Self Portrait with a Big Cutt that is about to slip the grip.. ahhh

PikeatClearlake017.jpg

Tight Lines all!

Nice fish.. I had one like that also have a fish out of it's mouth this spring it was 29 inches taped. it's on this page http://www.bowriveradventures.com/bowriver/id13.html :)

Might wanna start carrying a tape though. I dont wanna say anything, but... start carrying a tape before guessin :) them bulls always look freekin HUGE compared to a buncha little cutts but.. 30 inches is a HUUUUGE fish. I'd guess yours around 27-28" still a massive fish though :lol:

Nice fish.. I had one like that also have a fish out of it's mouth this spring it was 29 inches taped. it's on this page http://www.bowriveradventures.com/bowriver/id13.html :)

Might wanna start carrying a tape though. I dont wanna say anything, but... start carrying a tape before guessin :) them bulls always look freekin HUGE compared to a buncha little cutts but.. 30 inches is a HUUUUGE fish. I'd guess yours around 27-28" still a massive fish though :lol:

I'm gonna start calling YOU the funbuster.. ;)<--poke--<

Yeah, after I wrote 30" I looked at it later and your probably right; More like 27-28". I was at wholesale 2 days ago and saw the measuring tapes, but all they had left was a little crappy plastic one for 7$! screw that. I think the thickness of the fish makes it seem bigger than it is.

Brian,

Your Bull looks exactly like mine, but i think mine had it's Cutty digested further. Sweet Bull though! I need to buy a better Camera, this 5 Megapixel crap isn't cutting it. I don't think it does justice to the fish or scenery with such a crappy camera.

Thanks for the Comments guys.

Drew

I gotta be honest, seeing bulls with TROUT tails sticking out of their mouths is making me start to wonder just how much of an impact they might be having. I was under the impression (through research and talking to bio's, etc) that bullies mostly eat small whitefish / suckers and whatnot, and generally do not feed on trout per se... but I guess if a trouts injured, it's SCREWED now! LOL :lol: