Fly Fusion Forums

Best Fishing Camera

Thanks for the link. I love that website. I have the Pentax as well but was thinking of the Canon. From the review I'll stick with the Pentax as there will be no real benefit to the Canon. Sweet, finally a money saver.

I have to take issue with one of the points they bring up in the review. I don't much care for Olympus holding onto the XD standard either but seeing as though they provide an adapter for micro SD free with the camera why is this an issue? Seems like nit picking to me.

I have an Olympus Stylus 850SW that I have used for work the last year or so. I work at an Aquarium store so it is in and out of water, mostly SW, every day and it has never skipped a beat. It also goes fishing with me. Most of the other guys I work with have similar gear and one thing I notice is for the macro / super macro shots the Olympus gets consistently better shots than the Pentax W60. They didn't really look at that too closely for the review and I think the macro mode would be used a fair bit for those stream side showing off your catch pics.

I did consider upgrading to the new Olympus 8000 this year but I didn't really see anything there that made it worth while, I think if I had to replace my cam right now I'd look at a 550WP. I really never expected to get a year out of a cam I use every day so I'm inclined to stay with Olympus.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.a...amp;catid=28382

The Camera Store 802 11th Avenue S.W. for Pentax W60

Great selection

Best service

Super competitive pricing

Hands on, experienced sales staff

Complimentary photography dvd and free weekend tech seminars

Best fishing/outdoors point & shoot I have owned or experienced

Just go check it out - you will not regret it. Might be slightly cheaper elsewhere, the benefits compensate for that

(independent opinion)

Scott

Personally I think you can not go wrong with the Pentex or the Olympus.

I have many friends that use the pentex and they all like it alot, I have the Olympus 850ws which I like very much. I do find that at times my Olympus takes a more vivid photo then some of the photo's I have seen with the pentex (Might havce to do that I had a professional photographer set up all the setting in my camera)

Either way I would look at the options for both camera and find out what YOU want in a camera and go from there!

I've been leaning towards the Fuji FinePix Z33WP. More for the price than anything else, but I have a Fuji FinePix E900 that I LOVE, but am afraid that one day, I'll dunk her in the river and not only lose a camera, but have a really, really pissed off wife to boot.

They gave it a decent review, only slamming the picture quality somewhat, but I'm not a professional photographer and don't inspire to be either. Can't really beat it for almost half the price as the others out there. As long as it fits nicely in my chest pack, and won't die if I dunk it, that's all I really need.

I've been leaning towards the Fuji FinePix Z33WP. More for the price than anything else, but I have a Fuji FinePix E900 that I LOVE, but am afraid that one day, I'll dunk her in the river and not only lose a camera, but have a really, really pissed off wife to boot.

They gave it a decent review, only slamming the picture quality somewhat, but I'm not a professional photographer and don't inspire to be either. Can't really beat it for almost half the price as the others out there. As long as it fits nicely in my chest pack, and won't die if I dunk it, that's all I really need.

Darrin,

At the end of the day that is what really matter, what are you really using it for and what do you want......