Fly Fusion Forums

4wt, 4pc Suggestions

Finally going to upgrade a bit from the 5wt 2pc TFO Signature and am looking at 4wt, 4pc rods. Hoping to stay around $250.00. Suggestions as to brand preference/experiences and retailer in Calgary appreciated.

Smaller creeks with dries primarily with the annual chironomid trip to BC.

Thanks in advance.

Finally going to upgrade a bit from the 5wt 2pc TFO Signature and am looking at 4wt, 4pc rods. Hoping to stay around $250.00. Suggestions as to brand preference/experiences and retailer in Calgary appreciated.

Smaller creeks with dries primarily with the annual chironomid trip to BC.

Thanks in advance.

Just picked up a TFO Finesse 4wt 4pc 9', has not seen much action just yet..but very happy with it thus far. They offer them in a 8.6' as well, but I prefer the 9'. Even more so if you plan for chronomids on the lake. $239 retail I think

One thing you may want to consider (if you can wait) is to build your own rod. I build a nice 4pc 4wt dancraft sig5 which has similar action to the scott s3 I believe. I took a course at Fishtales and all in all it took a month to complete and total cost was around $250-$300. However, the rod is worth much more than that...both in quality and sentamental value.

Other things you may want to look at and consider is used items for sale on the board or lots of the shops in town often have sales on older models too. However, I highly recommend casting them a few times to compare, see what you like for what type of fishing you'll do, and get the tool that will get the job done best!