Fly Fusion Forums

My Pontoon Boat Attacked Me....

I went to champion lakes today, fishing and playing around with my pontoon boat again.

I was trying to move between the two lakes with my pontoon boat when I lost my balance on a small hill, tripped over a root and my boat smacked me in the head. I thought all was ok until I removed my hat and the left side was covered in blood. I had ripped my hat and tore open my head. The worst part of the story...I was fishing and I had to leave to go get stitches...damn it!!!!

I went back across the first lake and was packing up my boat when some people came along to try their luck. The lady said she was just learning to fly fish and how did I do. I turned to talk to them with the left side of my head, hat and face covered in blood to say things were good and how much I enjoyed flyfishing, what a sight I must have been..haha

Packed all my stuff back to my truck, came back to town and got the wife to take me to the emergency room. Doc gave me 5 stitches, said I may have a mild concussion but that all is ok. I even had a few other doctors come by while he was stitching me up to hear the story.

Oh well live and learn, don't be in such a hurry when fishing and relaxing.

I will post some pics of the lakes tommorrow.

cya