Fly Fusion Forums

Scierra Waders

Hey guys, a while back through a board member of this site I ordered some Scierra waist high waders. I have put them to use regularly over the past while and I love them, they fit nicely and keep me dry, they are tough and also look pretty good. I have worn them probably 20 times by now and I am very pleased with them.

Yesterday however I waded a bit deeper than the usual, just below the waist and noticed the pockets filled up with water. At first I thought the zipper might not have been fully zipped and figured I would try them again before panicking. Today I headed out again and made sure the zippers were fully zipped (closed) before I went in the water, sure thing, when I came out of the water both pockets had each about a cup of water in them.

Please don't get me wrong, I still like the waders and I'm thinking of somehow sealing the pockets permanently to keep the water from filling up with water. I just seems kind of a waste to have pockets if they are not water tight. Yesterday I had put a pack of smokes in the pockets, needles to say, no smoking for me when I came out of the water. Today I played it safe and kept them in my vest.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with these Scierra waders?

I bought mine couple of months ago and noticed during the last two outings that my fishing licence is wet. As I managed to unfold and dry it, there was no harm done. My phone managed to survive these events and now I am more careful what to put there (quite useless). Maybe I could keep fish in this pocket... :)

Otherwise, I am really happy about the wader, as it fits me well and seem to be durable (time will tell).

Hmmmmmmm, intresting, I personally own two pairs of the cc4, the old design and the new design. My old design the pockets were 100% water proof, infact I put my wallet in the pocket all the time to make sure I do not lose them.

I have yet to waer my new pair, as my old ones are still working like a charm, I have noticed a few changes in designs with the new ones vs the old ones. For example, the gravel gard this time around is only ankle high, which is a good thing cause with my old ones they went up to my quads and filled with water, no biggie just pull up on the leg and they drain. I do like the high gravel guard as it save my waders alot of time from barb wire fences.

I am wondering if this is a bad batch of waders, I would call seriia and see what they have to say, I will test out mine with the garden hose tonight and see if any water gets into the inside of the pocket.