Fly Fusion Forums

Run Off

Although it hasn't started yet, exactly, it is on the verge. Flow over the last few days has shown a continual, marked increase. The Highwood and Sheep are total mud flows and have been for the last week or so. We usually figure on runoff hitting about the first week of June. Last year is was early, on the 20th or 21st of May. The year before it hit on June 3rd or 4th. The year before that it was June 6th. you can figure on the river being fishable again around the 25th or 26th of June. This can vary a bit by as much as a week but I've never seen the Bow really fishable before the 20th, and I have seen it stretch into July. Flows in late June and early July will still be up but the visibility will be vastly improved. You can figure on not seeing the flows we saw a week ago until at least mid-August and maybe even September.

Although it hasn't started yet, exactly, it is on the verge. Flow over the last few days has shown a continual, marked increase. The Highwood and Sheep are total mud flows and have been for the last week or so. We usually figure on runoff hitting about the first week of June. Last year is was early, on the 20th or 21st of May. The year before it hit on June 3rd or 4th. The year before that it was June 6th. you can figure on the river being fishable again around the 25th or 26th of June. This can vary a bit by as much as a week but I've never seen the Bow really fishable before the 20th, and I have seen it stretch into July. Flows in late June and early July will still be up but the visibility will be vastly improved. You can figure on not seeing the flows we saw a week ago until at least mid-August and maybe even September.

Although a minor point, the sheep wasn't running any dirtier or high last night than its been yet this season. It still has a bit to go before the real flow starts piling down